Author Topic: Help Me Design My Dream Selfbow Shop  (Read 1715 times)

Offline Eric Krewson

Re: Help Me Design My Dream Selfbow Shop
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2022, 09:13:17 am »
My shop is not as clean as the picture would suggest, I took it after one of my marathon shop cleaning projects. I took a spell where I put up all my tools and cleaned the shop before I left it every day, that lasted a couple of years, then I went back to my slovenly ways.

Offline Kidder

« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2022, 11:29:31 am »
One thing in the design aspect that I found really helpful was to draw out the floor plan to scale and then make some to scale tool out of thicker sheet and then move them around. This allowed me to visualize things better.

Offline TimmyDeNorCal

« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2022, 11:38:16 am »
'I God, look at all 'dem staves!!

I have a pile of about 15-20 myself, but nowhere near as clean of a pile, or as clean of a stave(s)!!

Offline Will B

« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2022, 11:52:37 am »
My bow shop is in half of my 2-car garage. I don’t have a dust collection system, just my shop vac. My friend built the stave master, which I mounted to the floor to allow me to walk around either side while roughing out my staves. I also built a hot box which I use to reduce moisture content in my staves. I also have my sander and bandsaw on rollers to allow me to easily move them around the shop. Nothing special but it’s where I spend most of my time now that I’m retired.