Author Topic: Tri-Lam bows  (Read 2784 times)

Offline ccase39

• Loving to learn
Re: Tri-Lam bows
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2019, 09:56:49 pm »
Case what search words are you using on the home depot site, or do you know the item number? I searched "bamboo" and the cheapest thing I can find is a 25 pack for $90, and my wife would skin me alive if i order $90 worth of bamboo. Individual slats for $5 a pop is alot easier to swallow.
Yea you are going to have to buy the bundle. Once you try it you will wind up buying more. I told my wife I would probably wind up buying $100 worth in a few months so I might as well make the
Investment now. Otherwise it’s 15-20 per piece plus shipping some places.
If you do not have a belt sander and bandsaw I would go ahead and spend the extra money and get flattened bamboo. Several bow building sites have them.
Reading
The Traditional Boyers Bible Vol 1
The Bent Stick

Working on bow #7

Offline snedeker

« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2019, 12:54:02 pm »
I would hearken to advice about keeping it simple while you are sharpening your skills.  Get a 6' red oad board 3/4", cut off a 7: piece and glue on as handle, slap a little silk on back, shape and tiller..  I speak from experience having wasted a bunch of time

Dave

Offline IrishJay

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2019, 02:50:04 pm »
Case, I have a table saw, and a belt sander is in the near future, but to start out I'll probably end up ordering a ready to use slat from one of the archery sites.
"The best camouflage pattern is called, 'Sit down and be quiet!' Your grandpa hunted deer in a red plaid coat, think about that for a second." - Fred Bear