Author Topic: Marshall 2019  (Read 69427 times)

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Marshall 2019
« Reply #165 on: May 27, 2019, 05:07:10 am »
Looks like a great time as usual. The kid's smile says it all. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #166 on: May 27, 2019, 06:27:52 am »
I just heard from Marie that Guy was in a wreck going home last night. She said he wasn't hurt but didn't know any more. Anyone have an update?
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline ksnow

« Reply #167 on: May 27, 2019, 07:21:20 am »
 Sure hope that Guy is okay. Some of the rain was pretty heavy when we left.

Fran and I had a great time this year.

I lost my beaded Primitive Archer ball cap some time, I think Thursday. I may have left it in the shower on the new building. If anybody has seen it, I'd lover to get it back. Thanks.

Can't wait until nexthe year.

Kyle

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #168 on: May 27, 2019, 07:51:49 am »
We're headed home stopped for fuel.
Hope all is well with guy. He looked pretty tired last I saw him.
Kyle I know they were looking for your hat. Sure hope they find it.
Stay safe everyone
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #169 on: May 27, 2019, 07:52:30 am »
Man what a great time! It always is though.  I took a decent amount of pictures and am uploading them all now.

It is a special group of people that can make an event like this one great. I'm not naming names because I'm terrible with names, but thank you. Everyone. My group was my daughter Marley, her friend, Ireland, who was on her first ever camping trip almost 400 miles from home,  and myself. We ate, shot, and visited the entire time! Congratulations to deerhunter on his first successful stave bow, and a huge shout out to his dad Paul, who drove him from Nebraska to Michigan to meet strangers from the internet! Way to go dad!
 Greg, what a time you must have had with the whole gang there. Thank you for putting up with the tornado of children we all sent in search of a fire loaded with marshmallows, chocolate and Graham crackers! Lol

I will post my pictures later tonight!
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #170 on: May 27, 2019, 08:39:23 am »
I never took a single pic, matter of fact I didn't do much of anything but relax and visit. I did help Steve's (PASteve) brother Ray wrap up a sweet yew bow. As usual, it will be the best vacation of my year.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline PaSteve

« Reply #171 on: May 27, 2019, 09:34:02 am »
What an awesome event. Thanks to everyone who made it happen. Ray and I had a really good time. It was great to finally meet everyone. Hopefully next year my activities won't be limited due to a broken foot.
   A big thanks to Pearl for his help making Ray's first build a success. It's going to be a beautiful yew bow when finished.
  Hopefully my pics will post.
"It seems so much more obvious with bows than with other matters, that we are the guardians of the prize we seek." Dean Torges

Offline PaSteve

« Reply #172 on: May 27, 2019, 09:37:24 am »
That is Deerhunter learning how to serve a string. Ray working on his yew bow.
"It seems so much more obvious with bows than with other matters, that we are the guardians of the prize we seek." Dean Torges

Offline PaSteve

« Reply #173 on: May 27, 2019, 09:40:52 am »
Pearly helping Ray get that "perfect tiller".

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #174 on: May 27, 2019, 09:54:18 am »
Looks like a good time was had by all!  Hope to see more pictures!  And start getting psyched up for MoJam!  Working a piece of Osage into a bow for Little Fiddle Woman, I hope.  Several challenges, might have to start a "do over" to get a better bow for her.  She might be able to make it to MoJam this year!
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #175 on: May 27, 2019, 10:16:06 am »
We made it home safe, now just gotta get to Clifford's birthday party. Dropped him off on the way so he wouldn't be late.
Miss you all already.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #176 on: May 27, 2019, 11:03:43 am »

lotsa great pictures have been posted. Thanks!!
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #177 on: May 27, 2019, 11:09:31 am »
Here's a few from 6 days that went by wayyyyy too fast!

Kyle's wife, Fran, brought her spinning wheel. We interrupted many time with questions. She was sooo patient answering them all.

If you haven't met Nina, ya haven't lived!
« Last Edit: May 27, 2019, 12:21:09 pm by Knoll »
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #178 on: May 27, 2019, 11:25:01 am »
Some more . . .

This year's setup.

« Last Edit: May 27, 2019, 11:28:02 am by Knoll »

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #179 on: May 27, 2019, 11:26:26 am »
One more . . .

Passing it on . . . 3 generations.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2019, 12:25:10 pm by Knoll »