Author Topic: Marshall 2019  (Read 68378 times)

Offline Buckeye Guy

Re: Marshall 2019
« Reply #195 on: May 28, 2019, 06:40:27 pm »
We love you JEB
Our hearts are heavy for you
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #196 on: May 28, 2019, 06:46:47 pm »
Got the truck home today , not sure if I can patch it up or not will take a few days thinking thru the options .
Hope to get the camper home in a couple of days so I can cut it open and get my stuff out of it , if my bows weren't in it we probably would have just left them scrap it .
Y'all take care of yourselves and pray for all the folks that lost their homes in the storms its getting kinda rough around here
Guy Dasher
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Online bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #197 on: May 28, 2019, 07:29:03 pm »
Glad your ok guy.

Got a couple pictures of the bow I got from Paulsemp. Thanks buddy. She shoots like a dream.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #198 on: May 29, 2019, 04:44:51 am »
Glad you are OK Guy and thoughts are with you JEB. Nice looking bow BJ, bet you will enjoy that one. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline JEB

« Reply #199 on: May 29, 2019, 04:53:41 am »
Sorry to read about your accident Guy  and glad to read to are OK.

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #200 on: May 29, 2019, 10:12:28 am »
Glad to hear you are OK, Guy!  Maybe you can borrow the Swiss knife from Brian's crew to open the Tin tipi! >:D(lol)!  Those things are replaceable!  You aren't!
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #201 on: May 29, 2019, 10:36:42 am »
Glad you came through OK, Guy. Sorry about your truck and camper and I hope your bows are OK.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline woodstone

« Reply #202 on: May 29, 2019, 06:17:00 pm »
Sending a hearty thanks to all those who make Marshall happen. This was my first one and won't be my last. A special thanks goes out to my brother Steve whose patience and persistence in guiding me on this journey is to be applauded. Our plan was to have my yew stave roughed out so it could be tillered at Marshall under the watchful eye of experienced bowyers whom Steve met on the forum. After some quick advice from Pearly I continued to work on my bow preparing for final tiller. Soon my bow was on the tree then the stick and Pearly began to work his magic, we had a bend and it looked good, a smile from BJ, some more scraping and I was set. My first bow had a string on it and was ready for some arrows. I'll finish the bow here at home and hope to carry it in the deer woods this fall. Thanks again to all and a shout out to our camping neighbors, we"ll see you next year.     

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #203 on: May 29, 2019, 06:54:15 pm »
Wood stone
You worked hard and it payed off !
Welcome to the great addiction
Glad we could meet you
Guy Dasher
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline ksnow

« Reply #204 on: May 30, 2019, 04:03:14 am »
It was great to meet you  Woodstone, and Pasteve. You made great neighbors in the back field.

It was awesome to see your bow progress through the weekend. Can't wait to see pictures of it when its all finished up.

Kyle

Online bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #205 on: May 30, 2019, 04:28:58 am »
Pappy your right I am thrilled to add this one to my collection of PA bowyers bows.

Guy the important thing is your ok. I'm sure those bows are priceless but not as priceless as you.

Ray it was very nice to meet you and your brother Steve. I'm thinking it's the first time I've know a members real name before their user name. Woodstone. Going to have to remember that one. It was great to see you get your first selfbow shooting and your brother has a lot of enthusiasm. I'm guessing it runs in the family. Like Kyle said, I look forward to seeing it all finished up. It'd look really good laying on your first selfbow kill.

Kyle it's always good to see you. I missed your dad but your wife is terrific.

51 more weeks and counting. Can't wait to see you all again.
Bjrogg

A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #206 on: May 30, 2019, 05:48:23 am »
Glad to hear you're okay Guy. That must have been a scary moment.

Ray it was good to meet you and finally meet Steve in person. Hope you enjoy your new yew bow and I'm sure we'll run into each other next season in that back field. Maybe Ill get off my butt next year and work on a bow? :)

Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline woodstone

« Reply #207 on: May 30, 2019, 09:10:19 am »
Thanks for the kind words and support guys.