Author Topic: She is now gone  (Read 6867 times)

Offline JEB

She is now gone
« on: March 24, 2019, 05:07:27 pm »
Like Pearl Drums  I don't like to put too much of my personal info out the net BUT at 930 am this morning my beautiful wife Chris lost her 5 year battle with cancer.  We went to the Mayo Clinic the day after thanksgiving for the start of her final journey. She received the poison chemo for 5 days and then a German bone marrow transplant. Well about a week ago her Dr had that meeting with me that you don't want to have telling me that my wife was shutting down and she didn't have much time left. The transplant had failed. Chris wanted to see her grand kids so I arranged for a medical flight home from Minnesota.  We arrived 3 days ago and on that night my son brought our grand kids into her hospice room. My wife's final word on this earth was WOW as her face lit up and her eyes sparkled as she looked at the kids.   Chris never once complained during this journey and never shed one tear. Me, I cried a bucket of tears and still doing so.

I only put this out there because you folks didn't know it but you were providing with an outlet I needed as I sat in her room 8 and 9 hours a day. I never missed one day while she was in the hospital since Jan 12th. I got on here and a couple other sites while she slept to take my mind off what was going on. For that I want to say thanks for this site and all you folks that post on here.  You didn't know it but everyone one of you help me pull thru this ordeal.

Three people on here have met and know Chris. BJRogg, Clint, osage outlaw and of course Pearl Drums who gave my wife his sons  self bow to have.  Thanks again to all and please say a prayer for my wife Chris.

Offline sleek

Re: She is now gone
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2019, 05:21:42 pm »
Jeb, im so sorry
Please be strong, and by that, i mean strong enough to ask for help,  ask for an ear to listen, or whatever you need. Im so sorry for your loss, my heart fell through my stomach reading this.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline DC

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2019, 05:49:29 pm »
I can't imagine. Must be awful. Hang in there.

Offline PaulN/KS

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2019, 05:52:46 pm »
I am very sorry for your loss.

Offline longbowhntr

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2019, 06:05:36 pm »
So sorry for loss. My thoughts and prayers are you and your family.
Near Dardanelle of Yell County Arkansas

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2019, 06:42:37 pm »
Jeb, sorry to here of your loss, stay strong and let me know if there is anything you need. Bob

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2019, 07:13:02 pm »
Jon I am so sorry for your loss

It doesn't surprise me in the least that Chris never complained. I had the pleasure of meeting her several times and could tell she was that type of lady. She reminded me a lot of my mom.

I'm also not at all surprised you've been crying buckets. I could tell how much you felt for her and know how deep your loss is. I know we can't take away all that pain and sorrow, but maybe we can help you forget it for just a little while from time to time. I lean on this site for that same feeling.
I don't want to go into details but I'm leaning on it right now as I type this out.

Bless you and comfort you. I have a deep respect for you and you have a special place in my heart. I appreciate the prayers both you and Chris have said for my family. I will continue to say them for yours.
Bjrogg

A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2019, 08:49:36 pm »
Jon, I am truly sorry for your loss.   It was a pleasure to meet you and your wife at Marshall.   Cancer is such a cruel disease. 
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2019, 08:58:09 pm »
Jon,  my deepest condolences on your loss.  A very tough way to lose a soulmate!  Remember the good times.
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline 1442

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2019, 10:46:46 pm »
So sorry for your loss
praying for you

Offline chamookman

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2019, 12:32:08 am »
Thoughts and Prayers sent Brother ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2019, 04:39:15 am »
She is better now, Jon. She doesn't hurt anymore, her anxiety is gone and she now knows where she is going. That is true peace my friend. You know how to find me if you need anything. Take care of yourself and your family, they will need you. Hopefully we bump into each other this summer, we can hug it out .
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline ksnow

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2019, 05:02:42 am »
So sorry to hear of your loss.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2019, 05:21:52 am »
So sorry Jon, I will keep you and yours in my thoughts and prayers. :(
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2019, 05:51:03 am »
I'm so sorry for your loss, Jon.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC