Author Topic: What to bring ro the marshalls rendezvous?  (Read 1660 times)

Offline Deerhunter21

• What do you despise? By this are you truly known.
What to bring ro the marshalls rendezvous?
« on: March 30, 2019, 05:22:48 pm »
So i might go to marshalls rendezvous but that depends on what i need to bring. Will they provide staves for bow making? Do i need to bring one or can you buy one there? Do i need to bring my tools? Etc.
Thanks!
Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination.

Offline osage outlaw

Re: What to bring ro the marshalls rendezvous?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2019, 09:27:20 pm »
There will be staves for sale there.  Bring your tools and a vise if you have one.  We clamp them to picnic tables to work on bows.  If you want a fire for cooking it has to be elevated off the ground.  Go back and look up past years Marshall posts.   There are a lot of pictures so you can see what to expect.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Deerhunter21

• What do you despise? By this are you truly known.
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2019, 02:33:53 pm »
Ok ill bring my tools but i dont have a vise. How much will the staves be. Thanks!

Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2019, 04:16:55 am »
Deerhunter21, I honestly would suggest bringing as much of your budget for supplies as you can. Supplies and even tools are very reasonably priced and the saving on shipping really adds up. You get to look everything over. Might even bring some stuff to trade. It doesn't have to be Primitive stuff but something nice. I'm very frugal but I do try to get most of my supplies for the year here. I've never regretted anything I bought. Have regretted not buying a few things I should of.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline ksnow

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2019, 04:56:09 am »
Bring tools, camping stuff (water and showers are available), bows, plenty of arrows, trade stuff (hunting stuff, primitive supplies, etc) and yes, money. There will be everything you need to make bows there, for a price, which can range from gifted to full retail.

Oh, and a notebook. There is no way you will be able to remember all of the information that is shared free of charge. There will be the best bow makers in the nation there.

If you are looking for something specific, put feelers out before hand. Last thing you want to hear is " I left that at home".

Kyle