Author Topic: Back in the game  (Read 2680 times)

Offline Ryan Jacob

Back in the game
« on: April 03, 2019, 11:06:57 am »
Took some time and effort to get back to mh previous level of knapping
https://imgur.com/a/2H8r59Y
And now, I can’t knap again

Offline JEB

Re: Back in the game
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2019, 01:59:34 am »
If you ain't bleeding you ain't knapping, but by the looks of it, you need a transfusion. lol.  I haven't busted a rock since last Sept for personal reasons. Going to break something this weekend at our spring knap in. We shall see.

Offline bronco611

• God ,country ,family, flintknapping
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2019, 08:10:03 pm »
aw you will be ok, those are just scratches. the last good cut I gave myself took 9 stitches to repair, 5 on the outside and 4 to tie down the tendon at my index knuckle that I almost severed. That finger still gives me a fit at times but it still works so all is good. when you are pressure flaking, don't slip or look away when the flake is fixing to release. the worse part was I was at hunting camp by myself opening day of bow season and that sucker was pouring blood, i had to wrap my hand, hold pressure on it and drive 10 miles to the ER. Not a pretty sight. Now I wear cut resistant gloves when pressure flaking for a piece of mind.
FLINTKNAPPING IS EASY...I WAS ALWAYS TOLD I COULD BREAK AN ANVIL WITH A POWDER PUFF.

Offline 1442

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2019, 11:58:02 pm »
nice needle tip on it
Are you knapping with both hands? :P

Offline Ryan Jacob

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2019, 05:03:17 am »
bronco611
I also injured my index finger recently. Still a little stiff but not any weaker and it’s getting better. I wear shorts when knapping so it’s my legs that take the brunt of the damage.
Nah, I stuck my left hand into the bag I thought held the preforms but I punched the trash can full of flakes instead. Not fun.

Offline Deerhunter21

• What do you despise? By this are you truly known.
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2019, 06:30:14 am »
SHORTS!?  (A)

ow
Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination.