Author Topic: Anyone want to come shoot in NM?  (Read 1898 times)

Offline Mesophilic

Anyone want to come shoot in NM?
« on: April 03, 2019, 02:28:00 pm »
I mentioned this event some time back and had a couple of interested gentlemen. Our King Of The Hill 3D Challenge is coming up.  Anyone interested I can provide registration fee info

May 18, 2019
Los Alamos Sportsmen's Club
Los Alamos, NM

There's mostly wheel bow guys so it'd be fun to get some trad shooters come out.  Raffle prizes were top notch with a guy winning the top prize of a wheel bow that I heard was worth over $1000...don't know about these things myself.

One of the contests is shooting through a hole in a steel plate.  I hid a ways off in the bushes and took pictures of the arrows shattering.

Another contest, the bison was at 119 yards (or thereabouts)

One of the locals

Just some random shots

Trying is the first step to failure
-Homer Simpson-

Offline DC

Re: Anyone want to come shoot in NM?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2019, 09:16:33 am »
One of the contests is shooting through a hole in a steel plate.

Now that's just silly ::) ::)

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2019, 10:11:00 am »
Not if you have laser guided arrows >:D!  Or tougher steel arrows!  I noticed a few arrow eating rocks, too!  Nice range!  No extra money!
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline Mesophilic

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2019, 09:44:56 pm »
Not if you have laser guided arrows >:D!  Or tougher steel arrows!  I noticed a few arrow eating rocks, too!  Nice range!  No extra money!
Hawkdancer

I manage to avoid the arrow eating rocks,  it's the arrow eating trees that manage to steal my glue on field points that get me the most.  Followed by their pine needle droppings that swallow whole shafts for later consumption.  (SH) )-w(
Trying is the first step to failure
-Homer Simpson-