Author Topic: Hello.......  (Read 4764 times)

Offline osage outlaw

Re: Hello.......
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2019, 07:48:08 pm »
Either. Seem mighty quiet lately.

The primitive archer forum peaked in 2013.  Its been on a very steady decline since then. 
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2019, 08:39:55 pm »
Running constantly with school programs with the birds, work, trying to learn how to operate Quickbooks before April 15 crushes me against the wall, and training a new redtail hawk.  Oh lord, this new redtail is something! She is amazingly gentle and sweet natured. I had a moment with her this morning that left me breathless and on the verge of tears. Oh Freya, you are the bird of my dreams. And then she crapped on me. Literally. Crap. In my face. Hot, wet, and streaming down the side of my face and under my collar.

So....yeah, just the usual.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2019, 11:29:02 pm »
Funny, we didn't get that close to the turkeys!  Good luck with the new bird!  But they can be more fickle than women!  Just have to teach her proper manners!  At least, she didn't hit your mess kit! Or did she? >:D Hee! Hee!
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline EdwardS

« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2019, 01:43:40 pm »
I'm still getting set up here, but today I hung up some dog bone rawhide and I'm cutting up the scraps for hide glue.  Can't  wait to try making my own.  Slowly but surely I'm getting everything together.

Offline sleek

« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2019, 04:06:02 pm »
Not currently building, just thinking and living vicariously through other builds that catch my eye. May be heading down to Florida in a few weeks for another contract job. Currently in Wichita, doing the nomadic life style again.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline DC

« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2019, 08:26:22 am »
I'm still getting set up here, but today I hung up some dog bone rawhide and I'm cutting up the scraps for hide glue.  Can't  wait to try making my own.  Slowly but surely I'm getting everything together.
Some of the new rawhide dog bones are just one sheet of rawhide filled with a ground up compressed rawhide filling. The filling made good glue with no cutting up scraps. That said, I don't know how good the glue is on a scale of 1 to 10 but I did sinew a bow with it.

Offline Stoker

« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2019, 09:01:32 am »
Been busy. Work has been insanely busy. Phone won't stop ringing. Ain't complaining, just saying. Making hay when the sun shines.
Had a grandson born last Friday morning. Jace Everett 7lbs 10oz. Too bad he lives 2 hrs away. Can't bother him every evening.
Major sewer backup in basement. Thanks for insurance.
Got a hide fleshed on the rack ''waiting'' to be scraped, gonna make another drum for a friend.
I thought when I got older I'd have more time. It'll get better. We'll muddle through. Push forward. Never loose hope.
Getting ready to go turkey hunting with my son. 10 year wait for a draw. It'll be fun
I feel better
Keep your stick on the ice
Leroy
Bacon is food DUCT tape - Cipriano

Offline EdwardS

« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2019, 02:22:42 pm »
Mine were a good sheet and then just rawhide scraps.  I got four great sheets for sheath work and then enough scraps to make a nice batch of glue, which will have to wait for tomorrow as I had to wait all day to see if I was needed for a PC repair.