Author Topic: brace height question  (Read 3099 times)

Offline ohma2

Re: brace height question
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2019, 08:35:39 am »
By the way that is a looker Brad :OK

Offline txdm

« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2019, 08:37:25 am »
When I shoot with no arm guard I tend to keep my form more consistent to avoid string slap. For that reason, I prefer 7"-7.5" brace height too.

For me, the added consistency makes up for the small loss of stroke.

How were you planning to make the bow longer?

Offline bradsmith2010

« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2019, 08:40:20 am »
I was just gonna make a longer bow,,,, same design

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2019, 09:21:21 am »
In the end it all boils down to string tension at brace. If the bow is straight or maybe has a touch of follow it will behave better at a higher brace. If the bow is heavily reflexed or recurved then you can get away with shorter brace heights.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Woodely

« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2019, 09:52:26 am »
In the end it all boils down to string tension at brace. If the bow is straight or maybe has a touch of follow it will behave better at a higher brace. If the bow is heavily reflexed or recurved then you can get away with shorter brace heights.

+2
"Doing bad work is an exercise in futility, but honestly making mistakes is trying your best."

Offline High-Desert

« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2019, 08:48:55 am »
If you plan on making another bow anyway, you could just raise the brace on this bow and see how it works, it may not add all that much stress and it will be just fine....if it breaks, you’ll be making another anyway. I guess it depends on whether you care if you break the bow or not, for me, I don’t care if a bow breaks, they aren’t arrows, those I do care if they break.
I really like that profile. What a great looking bow.
Eric