Author Topic: FIXED - Need Help with TILLERING Yew Bow twisting string off (can't string)  (Read 8306 times)

Offline globalmark

Hi DEL

Thanks for you help - think i took on board most your advice also ..

Pic where left the tiller for tonight - and got on with the Nocks and added handle strip for extra strength -
rest will go on my Bow Build post ..

Thanks all
Mark

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
looking sweet :)
Del
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.

Offline hoosierf

Nice work. Well done.

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
Nicely done. For the record, it twists to the strong side. Sometimes, I cut the nocks in further on the weak side which is why I leave them a good inch wide to start. I don't always heat to fix things. Jawge
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Nice work getting her braced successfully. She looks good.   :OK
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
Looks good.  :BB
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline rps3

Man that looking sweet!

Offline globalmark

Had a few more twists with this stave - obviously My tiller went wrong or just as many said a bad stave , BUT i have spent few days with heat gun and made 4-5 small corrections in different Places and now today string sitting happy -
still some twist in the limbs but can shoot and the string will return to a central spot .
getting 52Lbs at 30" and will happily pull 33" ..
have sanded to 60grit so far will not oil it yet as really want to make sure the wood/bow has settled and happy where the string sits .

Thanks for all comments - few people told me turn the Billet into firewood so got 2 bows 41lbs and a 52lbs (and this bow ) seems to pack hell of a punch even 52lbs seems more power then other bows i made of similar weight..