Author Topic: Flemish twist help?  (Read 3260 times)

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
Re: Flemish twist help?
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2019, 07:03:53 pm »
At 8:45 . . . "Cabling" is what happens if ya don't get all that twisting out of the plies making up the 2 bundles before beginning the 2nd loop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pkEKym0wyM&t=20s

Good luck.
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline Woodely

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2019, 08:26:38 pm »
I saw a quicker way to do it the method Clay Hayes does seems to take a while.  I watched a few videos making flemish but never saw that way of doing it.  New one on me.
"Doing bad work is an exercise in futility, but honestly making mistakes is trying your best."

Offline DC

« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2019, 08:28:51 am »
I saw a quicker way to do it the method Clay Hayes does seems to take a while.  I watched a few videos making flemish but never saw that way of doing it.  New one on me.

He does a Flemish twist loop on one end and a spliced loop(like loggers and sailors use) on the other. It looks like it makes it easier to get the length right. I've often wondered why he doesn't do a spliced loop on both ends.

Offline paulc

« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2019, 10:52:24 am »
Found another...clearly don't need to worry about middle of string until after both loops are done...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C07evRZT_PQ&list=PLqRRMQuz0SK5RomspAcOGaPSAtBC2BnhL

Offline DC

« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2019, 12:01:02 pm »
She untwists the middle before making the second loop right around 17:04