Author Topic: photo hosting  (Read 1344 times)

Offline HighEagle

photo hosting
« on: April 23, 2019, 11:43:32 am »
hi its been a long time since my last post like years April 2017 So whats the best photo hosting site to use now? I had photobucket but seem to have lost it . Whats the easiest new site? Thanks Chuck   PS Still lots of good bows being made out there
Armstrong, BC

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: photo hosting
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2019, 12:06:33 pm »
Chuck, I and many others are using Imgur for image hosting. So far it's free and will preset your pics to a usable size for posting here. It's pretty simple to upload pics here once you get the hang of it.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Deerhunter21

• What do you despise? By this are you truly known.
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2019, 12:24:55 pm »
I know people like Imgur but I don't like clicking all the links. just resize them on your phone and post them on your phone
Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination.

Offline HighEagle

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2019, 12:36:14 pm »
Thanks Pat and Deerhunter I will check out Imgur. No cell phone here only will be using a laptop. Will Imgur resize for you or do you have to resize yourself before uploading to Imgur? Thanks again Chuck
Armstrong, BC

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2019, 03:48:48 pm »
They'll resize for you.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline willie

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2019, 04:59:45 pm »
I know people like Imgur but I don't like clicking all the links. just resize them on your phone and post them on your phone
DH21
 when you say "post them on your phone" ,where exactly are the photos being hosted?

Offline okie64

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2019, 07:30:07 pm »
DH21
 when you say "post them on your phone" ,where exactly are the photos being hosted?

I’m interested to know this also. I haven’t posted any pics in a long time because I can’t get my photo bucket to work. I’ve tried posting pics from my phone just by clicking the insert image icon at the bottom left on a post but I couldn’t get it to show up.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2019, 07:49:31 pm »
Imgur is very easy to use.  It's way more convenient than photobucket ever was.

When you resize a picture and load it onto PA without an image hosting site it deletes an older picture from past posts. The PA site has a limited amount of storage space.  We've lost some great build-a-longs and posts because of that.   That's why I use an image hosting site.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left