Author Topic: Searching for good knives  (Read 1708 times)

Offline Woodely

Searching for good knives
« on: April 17, 2019, 09:26:26 pm »
I found these knives in thrifts shops, garage sales and flea markets.  Cant wait till Summer when the garage and fleas start up.

The top one is a 7 function, Vintage Economy paid $10, second one is the Officer 4 function paid $10,  the white knife is an Ideal, paid $5 it was so rusty it would barley open. The 4th. one is a cheap 11 multi function, paid $10.  The lock blade on the bottom is handmade because it does not have any trade marks whatsoever, paid $8 (excellent craftsmanship).  At any rate the lock blade and the swiss army knives were a steal, The economy brand new is about $40.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 08:07:30 am by Woodely »
"Doing bad work is an exercise in futility, but honestly making mistakes is trying your best."

Offline Hawkdancer

Re: Searching for good knives
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2019, 10:43:33 pm »
Guess I better watch the garage/estate sales a little closer!
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline DC

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2019, 08:51:58 am »
The white one reminds me of the first knife my Dad gave me. I promptly lost it and he replaced it. He was of the opinion that a pocket knife was a necessity of life. I am too. Anyway that pattern continued for quite a few times until I finally learned to put the knife in my pocket, not on the ground. Knowing my Dad I'm sure they were the cheapest knife he could find. The last knife he bought me was shortly before he died. A real nice Case  ;D Trapper I think. I had it a couple of years and lost it. Broke my heart. My son replaced it at Christmas with another Case. I think by then Case was getting some knives made overseas and it doesn't hold an edge like the old one. I wonder if Alan has one?

Offline Woodely

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2019, 05:11:04 pm »
Nothing like loosing your fave pocket knife..... :'(,    the antique Cases and Schrade pocket knifes were the best. 
"Doing bad work is an exercise in futility, but honestly making mistakes is trying your best."

Offline ohma2

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2019, 11:01:57 am »
Couldnt agree more ,dont feel dressed without a pocket knife on me.

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2019, 12:46:11 pm »
Nothing like loosing your fave pocket knife..... :'(,    the antique Cases and Schrade pocket knifes were the best.
i most heartily agree - it is a bummer!  Somewhere in the neighborhood is a double lost Buck 315!  I found it in the early '80s at the Air Force Academy, in a snow bank, and apparently lost 2 years ago in a snow pile near my mail box stanction.  A while later, I got a Buck284 as a door prize.  It, too seems to want to wander.  So far, I have been able to rescue it!
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry