Author Topic: "HALF EYE" Richard Rousseau  (Read 17998 times)

Offline burchett.donald

"HALF EYE" Richard Rousseau
« on: April 22, 2019, 06:06:28 pm »
   It is with my deepest regret to inform The PA community that Richard Rousseau "HALF EYE" has passed away this past Friday...He was a great friend and mentor to me and many others on here...Richard made my time here very special and I will greatly miss him...I feel like part of me is gone now
                                                                                                                                                                                                             Don

I spoke with his wife Donna Jean, Please remember her in prayer...
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 05:05:16 am by burchett.donald »
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
Re: "HALF EYE" Richard Rousseau
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2019, 06:24:57 pm »
Sorry to hear that Don.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2019, 06:49:45 pm »
I will miss him.  I got the best ironwood from him! Sad sad day.
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline DC

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2019, 07:09:54 pm »
He will be missed. He was a master at his corner of the craft and an encyclopedia of knowledge of native bows.

Offline jeffhalfrack

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2019, 07:15:48 pm »
My heart is broken what a mentor ,great guy going to miss that man jeffw

Offline SLIMBOB

• Deplorable Slim
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2019, 07:58:12 pm »
He will be missed.
Liberty, In God We Trust, E Pluribus Unum.  Distinctly American Values.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2019, 08:02:16 pm »
Rich was one of the best of the best!  A master of the short bow. And probably the most generous person I have ever known.  Any of the little fundraisers I did here for one reason or another Rich was usually the first in with a donation.  When everyone chipped in and paid my way to the Classic I swore I would pay it forward and offered to see to it Rich would get to go. He flat out refused the gift. In fact, he not only refused but demanded I give him my address so he could send me a bow to say thanks for thinking of him. Then he sent me THREE!

I have used his bows many times at Rendezvous to teach kids about how simple a bendy handle can be. I'd get the kids started on a hickory board that was mostly shaped and then offer them paintbrushes and tempera paints to make it theirs. I deeply regret not getting photos of these kids bow making sessions to show him.

I am gonna dig into my collection and find a few bows, match up some arrows for kids....and find kids to give them to in honor of Rich "Half Eye" Rousseau. 

Rich....we are going to miss you, brother.  I'd tell you to not use up all the good staves in heaven, but you'll naturally leave those and take the stuff no one wanted - and still crank out great short bendy bows!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Online Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2019, 08:22:37 pm »
Sad news. Sorry to hear of Rich's passing. He was a very generous person, both with his knowledge but also with his talent. He sent me three bows and an arrow, out of the blue and they are in a prime spot in my collection.
Bon voyage, Rich.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2019, 09:59:23 pm »
I didn't know Rich personally, only by his reputation here on PA.  A person of his stature will be greatly missed by the community!  Our condolences to all who knew him!
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline AndrewS

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2019, 11:27:24 pm »
Sad news. A master bowyer is gone. Rich was an inspiration in his way of doing things.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 04:13:01 am by AndrewS »

Offline PaulN/KS

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2019, 02:38:59 am »
That is sad news to hear.  Rest in Peace Sir.
He will be missed...

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2019, 04:22:56 am »
So sorry to hear that, great guy who will be greatly missed. Thoughts and prayers for his friends and family.  :(
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline tattoo dave

• Rockford, MI
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2019, 06:43:56 am »
Rich will be greatly missed! Like everyone here stated he was always extremely generous with gifts and knowledge. I will miss going to visit him and Donna. I usually went up to see him once or twice every summer. It was time well spent and I’m glad I had the opportunity to meet and get to know him.

Tattoo Dave
Rockford, MI

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2019, 06:48:55 am »
Several of my friends got to know Rich well. Each independently agreed he was one of the most generous gentlemen they knew.
Generous with his talent, time, encouragement, and materials.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 08:19:55 am by Knoll »
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline Adam

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2019, 06:50:32 am »
I'm so sorry to hear that. I always enjoyed his posts and seeing his unique bows.