Author Topic: "HALF EYE" Richard Rousseau  (Read 17997 times)

Offline Traxx

Re: "HALF EYE" Richard Rousseau
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2019, 09:29:55 pm »
Didnt want to read this..Rich and i conversed quite a bit,through the years..He was what this site,was all about and he will be missed greatly..

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2019, 07:58:31 am »
This is very sad news, indeed.  Spoke quite a bit with Rich.  I have a bow of his.  One of my prized possessions.  Rest in peace, Rich. 
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline burchett.donald

Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2019, 08:29:54 pm »
https://www.mortensenfuneralhomes.com/notices/William-Rousseau

Such a short notice for so great a man and his incredible reputation around the world for his work.  Please make sure you sign the guestbook and leave a short note for the family.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Bayou Ben

« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2019, 09:30:44 am »
Man, I just saw this....So sad to hear. 
I feel blessed to have had Rich coach me through my 1st bendy handle bow only a few months ago.  He had a gift for teaching which was thorough and easy for almost anyone to understand.  He was so generous with his time and knowledge. 
May his spirit live on..RIP Rich   

Offline simson

• stonehill-primitive-bows
    • stonehill-primitive-bows
« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2019, 01:28:30 pm »
Just found this sad post. I'm sorry to hear that. Rich was a great teacher for me. He was a master of bendy bows.
I miss him.
Simon
Bavaria, Germany

Offline RyanR

« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2019, 06:33:35 pm »
Sad news for sure. I corresponded to him on pa and live quite close to him but never had the pleasure to meet him in person.

Offline burchett.donald

« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2019, 04:16:36 am »
  Here's a vid of Rich "Half Eye" slinging one from his bendy...Watch the perfect arrow flight...
                                                                                                                                       Don 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mty7mwaZIFc
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

Offline H Rhodes

« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2019, 04:47:33 am »
Rich was a very generous guy and was really helpful to me when I was first getting started building bows.  He will be missed.
Howard
Gautier, Mississippi

Offline Rākau

• Aotearoa-the land of the long white cloud
« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2019, 04:11:39 am »
sorry to read this news, although relatively new on here I have read through Rich's posts several times and they have been a great source of inspiration and a fantastic reference for spot on short bendy tillers. His reputation for generosity and his vast knowledge preceded him. he sounded like one of the gooduns. Rest in peace Rich.