Author Topic: Pulled pork before the Classic  (Read 8986 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Pulled pork before the Classic
« on: April 23, 2019, 06:52:53 am »
Don't forget pulled pork on Thursday evening before the classic. I'm bringing 2 Boston butts about 10# each and will have a few other things. Folks have promised buns, cole slaw, beans, etc. I'll put the pork in the oven early Thursday morning if that's OK with Pappy and the kitchen crew so contact me sometimes on Thursday with whatever you've brought so we can be sure to have all the bases covered.
 I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone and will surely miss our friends that can't make it.
 I'll be at Twin Oaks about mid day on Tuesday. 
Safe trip everyone.    :OK

(=)   -C- 
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline JW_Halverson

Re: Pulled pork before the Classic
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2019, 07:07:16 am »
As if there were no other reason to go to the Tennessee Classic, now we have PatB's butt to think about.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Deerhunter21

• What do you despise? By this are you truly known.
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2019, 07:10:53 am »
 (lol) (lol) I am laughing so hard! thanks JW! I needed that!
Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2019, 07:15:18 am »
It's gonna be a long danged time before you get his sweet, succulent butt out of your mind!  He is humble about it, too. But everyone that has had it raves about it.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2019, 07:50:03 am »
 :-[  You make me blush, John. Wish you were coming. I'll have Johnny Harris BBQ Sauce in your honor.   :OK
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2019, 11:21:03 am »
Must be some fine fixings! -C-.  Reminds me, I have to make a batch of bbq sauce - we're plumb out and the grill is calling!
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2019, 12:10:28 pm »
:-[  You make me blush, John. Wish you were coming. I'll have Johnny Harris BBQ Sauce in your honor.   :OK

I was planning a sneak attack on the event, but the engine in my vehicle is making poor oil pressure and can't be trusted. Then I kinda got worked over pretty bad by taxes this year.  It ate up plenty of the money I had worked all last summer to squirrel away. Money I was saving up to fly to England so I could dangle bits of string and wood shavings in front of Del the Cat for entertainment.

Offline Deerhunter21

• What do you despise? By this are you truly known.
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2019, 12:12:06 pm »
Now I want to come real bad! but there's things to do! have fun guys!
Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2019, 01:10:56 pm »
Please let me know what you are bringing to this feed so I can make up the difference.  :OK

Offline Loope

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2019, 08:45:05 am »
Pat,

I can bring cooked kraut & apples.  It may sound a little strange, but it is pretty tasty... the sweetness of the apples counteracts the sour of the kraut.  Are you short on anything else?  I am planning to show up on Tuesday, and can pick up anything else if you are short.

Michael

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2019, 09:27:24 am »
Michael, folks have promised other things but I posted this a few days ago to see where we stood. If everyone comes through we'll be OK. I guess if necessary I can hit a store near Twin Oaks to get whatever is missing.
I think your kraut/apple mix sounds good and should be a good compliment to the pork. I'll be there Tuesday around noon or a bit after. I'll try then to see who's eating and what they are supplying.
 What we're looking for is buns, coleslaw, sweet BBQ sauce(I'm bringing a vinegar based BBQ sauce), potato salad(?), chips or anything else that will go with pulled pork.

Offline chamookman

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2019, 12:36:07 am »
Have UN Pat  :OK ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2019, 05:26:10 am »
Gonna miss you uncle Bob.