Author Topic: Michigan Bear hunting  (Read 1743 times)

Offline tattoo dave

• Rockford, MI
Michigan Bear hunting
« on: May 06, 2019, 04:38:19 pm »
Well it’s time to apply for bear tags. The month of May is the application period. Anybody want to chase some bears with sticks and stones with me? Let me know if you’re interested I’ll pm you the area and season I’m applying for. There’s only 35 ish non resident tags available for the area and season I’m applying for. If you’re interested let me know, you’re best bet for any non residents to draw a tag is to apply on my party number. If I draw I tag, then you automatically get one, and vise versa. I’m planning on going the first week of October, which is opening weekend of archery deer also. I’ll be shooting which ever critter offers a shot first. I’ll be camping on the shores of Lake Superior, so likely will be doing a little night fishing as well.

Tattoo Dave
Rockford, MI

Offline Stixnstones

Re: Michigan Bear hunting
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2019, 05:16:47 pm »
Man that sounds fun... just applying for points this year, too much going on. Will have 6 points fer next year, plan on keeping a week open fer bear.
DevilsBeachSelfbows

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2019, 05:40:49 pm »
Sounds like a good time Dave. I just can't get away then. Have to sneak my hunts in when the circumstances allow. Hope you all have a good time and good luck.
Bjrogg
Don't forget to take pictures
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline JEB

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2019, 07:03:29 pm »
Tattoo: check the regulations. When you apply with partners the DNR uses the partner with the fewest points. If everyone, including out of staters have the same number of points one draws you all draw.

Offline tattoo dave

• Rockford, MI
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2019, 05:07:19 am »
Jeb, I have zero points and haven’t had any points for years. The area and season I’m applying for does not require any points, and I have drawn a tag every year for multiple years. Applying on the party system is perfect for this territory cause we don’t need any points to draw, and don’t need to worry about who has the least amount.

Right now it’s just me and my nephew going. He’s never been bear hunting so we’re looking forward to it. I’ll be sure to post some pics!

Tattoo Dave
Rockford, MI

Offline JEB

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2019, 05:56:03 am »
Gotcha. What area and season are you applying for. I have baited many years in the UP as my dad lived up there.  I also baited for DAV's as well over the years.

Offline tattoo dave

• Rockford, MI
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2019, 09:25:42 am »
Gwinn territory, season 3. Not the best season, but it’s better then not bear hunting. If we can’t find bear, we’ll chase the deer around.

Tattoo Dave
Rockford, MI