Author Topic: Springtime in the Rockies!  (Read 1384 times)

Offline Hawkdancer

Springtime in the Rockies!
« on: May 21, 2019, 11:08:11 pm »
Well, sometimes!  The weather here is governed by Murphy's Law, which in turn is governed by Mc Connell's Theorm - Murphy is an optimist!!  Thought I could maybe get in a turkey hunt with TimBo after his conference in Greeley!  Enter a winter storm warning for the Front Range and the high country (which is anything higher than we are). Up to 2 feet of snow where he hoped to camp and hike!  Some what very high out of state license fees shot down the hunt and the weather screwed up the camping and hiking!!  I went to my black powder shoot as planned and didn't get to shoot beacuase my knee went south, and the weather didn't help!  Very cold wind and started raining after we finished the shoot, wound up with about 3" snow in my garden and much more up higher!  Any way, we did have a nice get together over barbecue and beer! Really nice to put a face to a name!  And get to know something about the person.  When it's springtime in the Rockies - it's hell down in the Ozarks!  We got 2 seasons - winter and August!  We aren't real sure about August >:D. Hope you had a safe trip home Tim, see you at MoJam I hope!
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline burchett.donald

Re: Springtime in the Rockies!
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2019, 05:17:39 am »
  I want to see some fish pics soon...
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2019, 10:55:46 am »
Maybe next week!  We are planning to go for the weekend!
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline TimBo

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2019, 12:01:28 pm »
Wow, two feet eh?  I am glad I trusted my sense of impending doom...but it was great to meet up and at least look at bows anyway!  Hope you make it to MoJam.