Author Topic: I met Sasquach, for real  (Read 2515 times)

Offline 1442

I met Sasquach, for real
« on: May 21, 2019, 11:25:28 pm »
I went to the Pedernales knap in and got to meet Sasquatch.
Sadly I didn't get to set and knap with him before he left and I didn't get no pics of the encounter either so I missed a good opportunity to do that. I'll be back next year and will chain his vehicle to a tree or something so he can't leave like that again.

I didn't get any pics of what I made while there either but here's some pics of the river and a couple fish that let me catch them. Caught five keeper bass and a goggle eye that got ate Saturday night.
And a point that was gifted to me by Phill. He's a really good young knapper but as you can see he has a little trouble with getting his notches to match on both sides.

Offline 1442

Re: I met Sasquach, for real
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2019, 11:29:41 pm »
here's a base tang I made tonight, and a fluted point that lost a ear on the second flute.

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2019, 11:06:35 am »
Phil is pulling your leg!  Looks like a neat series of practice notches and a good smooth cutting edge!  A neat  point point for dragon hunting, maybe? :KN :-K >:D (lol).  Better than anything  I can do right now!
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline Tower

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2019, 06:45:35 pm »
I wanted to make it, but that 4 letter word got in the way. 
Nathaniel is an AmaZing guy. As are many people I have met on PA.  I enjoy breaking stone with him  Maybe one day we can break some stone together
He who sacrifices freedom for a security deserves neither one.  Benjamin Franklin!

Offline 1442

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2019, 12:22:01 am »
I just funning with him, he can knap for sure.
Tower,
I hope we can,
maybe next year. I'm going back if at al possible.