Author Topic: Elm Hall Stick bow shoot.  (Read 38389 times)

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
Re: Elm Hall Stick bow shoot.
« Reply #45 on: July 29, 2019, 10:27:20 pm »
You can REALLY mess with me when I shoot a 3 pc glasser all weekend :)
Now we will all have high higher expectations of you.

fixed it for ya.    O:)
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #46 on: July 30, 2019, 09:50:18 am »
I'll whip all of your butts, I'd even put some $$ on it suckers???????
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #47 on: July 30, 2019, 11:19:34 am »
Boy, I wish I could be there to see that challenge taken on, Pearlie.
You guys have fun.  :OK   (=)   -C-
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline paulsemp

« Reply #48 on: July 30, 2019, 11:45:46 am »
 I'm not taking that bet. Unfortunately loudmouth is actually a pretty good shot

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #49 on: July 30, 2019, 12:25:52 pm »
Boy, I wish I could be there to see that challenge taken on, Pearlie.
You guys have fun.  :OK   (=)   -C-

Unfortunately I haven't so much as drawn a bow Since May 25th :). Might be a tad rusty!

Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #50 on: July 30, 2019, 12:27:30 pm »

I'll be using 23/64 cedar arrows, so that might level the field a little. I just cant fall in love with carbons, but I cant argue how much better they are out of any type of bow and I sure own a pile of them in various styles.

Offline RyanR

« Reply #51 on: July 30, 2019, 06:34:09 pm »

I'll be using 23/64 cedar arrows, so that might level the field a little. I just cant fall in love with carbons, but I cant argue how much better they are out of any type of bow and I sure own a pile of them in various styles.
You might want to stick with the cedar anyway....they will float in the river.

Offline JEB

« Reply #52 on: July 30, 2019, 11:00:10 pm »
Wasn't going until my buddy asked me to drive him over. He has parkinsons real bad and can't drive and wants to get in as many shoots as he can. So we will be heading over to shoot, sell stuff and eat on Saturday

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #53 on: July 31, 2019, 08:54:14 am »
See you and Les on Saturday, Jon. I was over last night to drop off the tin tent and visit with Greg and Bill. The place looks great and is all set up and ready for the party.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #54 on: July 31, 2019, 09:00:11 am »
We started wheat harvest Sunday. Got rained out Monday afternoon. Hopefully resume today. Almost caught up spraying. I'm still hoping to sneak out but have know idea if or when that'd happen.
Have fun everyone.
Bjrogg
PS it's also fair week but I haven't had time to get out there yet.
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #55 on: July 31, 2019, 10:39:42 am »
Tomorrow morning we make the 4-hr trek to northwoods.
Yall are gonna have near perfect camping weather! Yeah, I'm bit jealous of you campers.
Looking forward to seeing each and every one of you.
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #56 on: July 31, 2019, 04:49:38 pm »
Drive safe, Mikey

Offline chamookman

« Reply #57 on: August 02, 2019, 02:49:16 am »
Hope to see You Saturday afternoon Chris ! A Bud and I are coming over to visit and have Dinner  (=) ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #58 on: August 05, 2019, 06:06:37 am »
Another great time with my best friends has come and gone. It seems the more we get together the less archery has to do with it. Its ALL about the people you spend time with, not bows and arrows and targets. I didn't take a single picture.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #59 on: August 05, 2019, 08:44:23 am »
I know what you mean Chris. I sure wish I could have been there. We did finish up wheat harvest yesterday. Taking the last couple loads out now. Thought about you all a lot. Glad everyone had a good time. Sure could use some pictures though. See you all another time.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise