Author Topic: Attention: seeking experienced car thief/repo agent/locksmith/or Jeep expert!  (Read 2969 times)

Offline JW_Halverson

I just bought a '05 Jeep that has a chip in the key. This chip requires a four-digit pin number that was issued to the original owner but didn't get passed along to me. This means it is gonna cost well north of $100 for a new key.

Does anyone have a devious and deliciously cheap hack to get a spare key made for less?
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Ed Brooks

Google it. It looks like yew tube might have some ideas for ya. Good luck. Ed
It's in my blood...

Centralia WA,

Offline JW_Halverson

Apparently, getting a new key programmed is easy if you already have TWO working transponder keys. I only have one. I guess I am narrowing this down to looking for a hack that allows me to program a new key with only ONE working key.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline KHalverson

J.W
if you know someone that is an auto mechanic and owns  or has access to an upper end diagnostic scanner
some of those will program a key.

Offline Hawkdancer

JW,
Try Ace Hardware - they duplicate chip keys!  Btw, the turkeys down here are still safe!
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline sleek

Have you tried 1 2 3 4? You know, something a moron would use on his luggage...
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline Dvshunter

That reminds me to change the code on my luggage! Spaceballs!
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline Hawkdancer

Maybe send a copy of the vin, bill of sale and registration to Jeep?,  they should have a record of the original pin
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline Eric Krewson

A lot of places make chip keys for $25-30, I think walmart does.

Offline ElliotM

I know it could be kinda old, but I solved this issue quite easily, I've called a locksmith sidcup to make me a new key. I don't even understand the process and what a locksmith does need to make a new key but in the end I had a new key and it worked well, and the price was good.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2022, 04:26:49 am by ElliotM »

Offline Trapper Rob

I bought the wife a jeep we went to AutoZone they took care of it before we left. I think it was about $30.

Offline GlisGlis

Apparently there is a software called AlfaOBD that is able to retrive your pin. It's also available as an android app at the cost of 49$
Search youtube for "RAM RF four digit pin retrieval for key" and internet for more informations

You may also find of use this other youtube  "FAST - How to Get 4 Digit Radio Code Jeep"