Author Topic: Interested in a 2nd MoJam Primitive Broadhead Flight Shoot for 2019?  (Read 20970 times)

Offline Selfbowman

Re: Interested in a 2nd MoJam Primitive Broadhead Flight Shoot for 2019?
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2019, 06:52:56 am »
Beat  214 and I would definitely need to get there next year. God willing. Ok here is my prediction. D Bar -219 yds. Ed 221 yds. Bob close behind with the rest of you in there somewhere.  And no Dave I agree. You have to be there . Lucky for y'all.  ;D Arvin
Well I'll say!!  Osage is king!!

Offline sleek

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2019, 07:40:26 am »
I'm sorry you can't be there Arvin. I am looking forward to seeing your bow performance however. I am working a bit on my own design hoping to just stay in the ball park ( within 10 yards ) of yours. You make one heck of a bow. What's the draw weight on that one?
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline mobow

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2019, 06:56:01 pm »
Bow arrived today.  The box bow and arrows are beautiful.  The picture does not do them justice.  Safe travels to everyone.

Offline Bob Barnes

« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2019, 07:03:53 pm »
awesome!  Can't wait to see and shoot it.  I finished a tillering tree for us to use to measure draw weight...so we should be good to go.   :OK
Seems like common sense isn't very common any more...

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2019, 07:34:48 pm »
Maybe I can convince Keith to let me take her for a spin and get some practice before you all get her!
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline Selfbowman

« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2019, 02:00:40 am »
50@28 on draw weight. Y'all have fun with the bow. Arvin

Offline sleek

« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2019, 02:04:09 pm »
I want to thank Bob Barnes for his role in this event. Without him all the fun we had wouldn't have happened! Bob, thank you very much! Your understanding of competitive spirits and dedication to the following of the rules really made the even a solid and fair one. I look forward to next year.

Offline Bob Barnes

« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2019, 07:58:59 pm »
Just to let the world know... Arvin knows how to build a flight bow... there were MANY archers, with little knowledge as to "'proper" flight shooting technique, that still managed to shoot that bow over 200 yards, which is a testament to the bow.  Aaron Huhs shot an arrow 215 yards with it, and it was amazing to watch that arrow fly!  Thanks Arvin.   :OK :OK   and yes...Ed won the composite bow flight shoot...  (SH)

Offline Bob Barnes

« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2019, 09:57:27 pm »
I want to thank Bob Barnes for his role in this event. Without him all the fun we had wouldn't have happened! Bob, thank you very much! Your understanding of competitive spirits and dedication to the following of the rules really made the even a solid and fair one. I look forward to next year.

thank you... you and those like you are the only reason  events like this happen and are a success.  I just like watching arrows fly, but it's people like yourself, that always dream of making a better bow, that make this so much fun... 
« Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 04:35:03 am by Bob Barnes »

Offline Selfbowman

« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2019, 07:53:07 am »
Just to let the world know... Arvin knows how to build a flight bow... there were MANY archers, with little knowledge as to "'proper" flight shooting technique, that still managed to shoot that bow over 200 yards, which is a testament to the bow.  Aaron Huhs shot an arrow 215 yards with it, and it was amazing to watch that arrow fly!  Thanks Arvin.   :OK :OK   and yes...Ed won the composite bow flight shoot...  (SH)

Bob what was the longest selfbow shot? Who got the bow in the auction. By the way you are welcome hope everyone had a good time. Arvin

Offline Selfbowman

« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2019, 07:59:45 am »

Bob what was the longest selfbow shot? Who got the bow in the auction. By the way you are welcome hope everyone had a good time. Arvin

By the way while mojam was happening AW bows filled the selfbow podium at IBO Trad words .

Offline Bob Barnes

« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2019, 08:17:09 am »
Dear Mr. Selfbowman   (SH), the AW bow was shot anywhere from 201 yards (you) to 215 yards by Aaron.  It has proven that you make a great bow with top notch cast... (and the fact that it actually has some nice pin knots/humps is even better)... the guy that bought it took it to Arkansas to show off at the TBA shoot at the end of August.  Thanks again sir...  ;D
BTW- the bow that got second place was one that you started and gifted to Kevin...205 yards...which is an amazing number as well...   :OK
« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 05:22:24 am by Bob Barnes »

Offline mobow

« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2019, 04:43:24 pm »
Hey Bob,  the Marshall Democrat is gonna contact you for names of winners.  Thanks for spearheading this.  Keith

Offline Bob Barnes

« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2019, 05:40:12 pm »
Hey Bob,  the Marshall Democrat is gonna contact you for names of winners.  Thanks for spearheading this.  Keith

Danielle already sent an email and has her answers...except for the name of the Long Shoot winner.  I told her you knew that... :)  It was all good man.  See if you still have my clip on light.  I left it around the bandsaw.  Thanks!
« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 06:41:36 pm by Bob Barnes »

Offline sleek

« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2019, 06:40:06 pm »
Speaking of things left behind, somebody left a rather old osage bow behind. Either old or just really dark. I. wondering who belongs to it?