Author Topic: When the World was at War  (Read 1205 times)

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
When the World was at War
« on: June 06, 2019, 09:07:53 am »
75 years ago the world was at war. Many very brave, very young men did unbelievable feats of courage to keep us free. Many didn't survive. I'm so thankful to all of them. I can't imagine the feelings they must have felt. Nervously waiting to exit their landing craft, or jump from their aircraft. I know when your young you really don't think your going to be the one who doesn't make it. That's going to be someone else. I can't imagine that feeling lasting very long that day 75 years ago. I hope that day never has to be repeated, but history tells us it probably will. Let's all remember so hopefully that day never comes. To any vets and their loved ones. ThankYou. ThankYou ThankYou. Especially those who served that day 75 years ago.
Bjrogg
« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 10:30:58 am by bjrogg »
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Hawkdancer

Re: When the World was at War
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2019, 09:38:18 am »
Plus many more than 2!!!  I am just old enough to remember the newsreels at the movies, and getting a coconut in the mail from my Dad's younger brother, who was in the Pacific, apparently in some heavy combat in the Aluetian Islands, my Mom's brother was in the Navy.  I do remember VJ Day, 14 August, 1945 because it was my birthday
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry