Main Discussion Area > Around the Campfire

Bowaholics Support Thread

(1/28) > >>

Keenan:
  I've decide that it's time to reach out.  ;D I know there are others that are struggling as well. :-[ :-[  A couple years ago I made a new friend (Juniper Junkie)  Unlike most of my other bowaholic friends, JJ lives close enough to be a huge influence on my life. At first it seemed like everything was healthy in our friendship. Talking bows and practicing shooting once a week to stay honed. But as time went on He became a very close friend and we started to share secrets. >:D >:D  We both have jobs that sometimes alow us to sneak off and explore our surrounding areas in search of wood, stone and hunting grounds. At first my wife thought "oh good, now he has someone to go with him"  but then she started getting suspicious when I'd answere the phone and she here wind blowing and birds singing in the background.
  I first realized I had a problem when I would wait or my phone to ring hoping it was JJ instead of a customer. ??? But soon i decided I didn't have to wait for JJ and I started sneaking out on my own.
 Today is a new day and I'm going out to the shop. I plan to keep the doors open and work on steel today. My hope are that the cold raw steel will keep me from being drawn to the warm touch, smell and beauty of the wood. :D 
 I know there are others struggling as well. Don't hide any more. This is your thread to open up and recieve help ;D

John K:
I find myself not eating or sleeping just dreaming about bows and arrows  ::) Is there help for me  ???

Keenan:
 John, Are you dreaming and thinking about one bow or are you thinking that you need one of every Kind? We will need to assess how far along the disease has progressed.  keenan

DanaM:
Dear Keenan

Not sure what to do, my basement shop is flooded so no bow work this weekend, I found a place to cut some wood
but we have a late season snow storm with high winds, so it would be unadvisable to cut trees. I'm desperate for a fix don't think
I can make it through the weekend. What should I do??? Please help :-[

Pat B:
Keenan, I've been a sick puppy for many years now. It all started back in the mid 80s with Jay Massey's book, "The Bowyers Craft" and has progressively gotten worse. Is there hope for a cure...I sure hope NOT!!! ;D
  With friends like all of you guys, who needs enemas.  ;D    Pat

ps. Dana, think pasties and malt beverages. ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version