Author Topic: Bowaholics Support Thread  (Read 202708 times)

Phillip K

Re: Bowaholics Support thread
« Reply #105 on: July 08, 2008, 05:11:02 am »
 Someone Told Me I had Forum Sickness.
This is the Biggest Art project Ive Taken on,I told My self last year that I was going to learn how to Make bows for one year instead of my regular Art and I found that Bowyering is less stressful than my Art. But The only thing I don't like about it is the reds tape and permit I had to get to test my Bows, Besides the Authorities Have Probably been Watching my Prodjects but thats Ok I'm NO Terrorist I'm a peace lovin Bow maker Artist that likes Archery, I don't Kill Animals unless I need to and other than that I like going to the Beach and Flight shoot Away from Peaple, I even had a nice conversation About it With A tourist on the Fourth of July they were real understanding.
what a peacful day that was.PK ;) This is better than a session with a psyco anylist ::) and another thing Ive Learned to appreciate the trees and the things that it takes to make Bows and Arrows without hurting the natural balance of Nature.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 05:32:21 am by Phillip K »

Offline deerhunter97370

« Reply #106 on: July 08, 2008, 12:10:54 pm »
For some reason everytime I try to plan on going to a Bowmaking or archery event Something gets in the way like The TAO Banquete at Eagle Crest I had to work, The Central Oregon Gathering no car insurance, Gods Valley rained out, The Pope and Young Shoot in Bownsville at the end of this month my in-laws planed a camping trip the same weekend. Is it just a lot of bad luck that in getting shut out. Whats going on here. Joel
« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 02:05:09 pm by deerhunter97370 »
Always be ready to: Preach, Pray, or Die. John Wesley

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #107 on: July 08, 2008, 04:54:07 pm »
The natural highs are the BEST! Now I just need to widdle away the time at work.
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline cracker

« Reply #108 on: July 08, 2008, 07:18:41 pm »
Cracker, Yes you have the disease,,, :o  It's also an advanced case due to the fact that it's affecting work,family and even the nieghbors. :D  In your case it might be best to check into an all out bowaholic event simmilar to the Tenn. classic. We have had some success with giving patients an overdose of bowerys poison, especially when given the pure gold stuff and sometimes the enchanted yew. Though the effects are short lived and the addict ends up craving more in the end, it is at least a temperarry fix. 
  I think you would quallify. Just pick an event close to you and let us know and we'll make sure you get hooked up. ;D

Dear Doc
As some of you may know I yes I went to the 11th classic I thought everything was going to be alright until a fellow in a felt hat half rim glasses overalls and brogan boots cought me by the arm and said come on and let me show you the hot box under the bench. Was this man a pusher?  he said you can look for free but if you touch its gonna cost you. Next thing I new I was in the county clink for possesion of stolen bow wood.Is this really such a bad thing?
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline D. Tiller

« Reply #109 on: July 08, 2008, 07:57:04 pm »
Cracker! You crack me up!!!  ;D
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline cracker

« Reply #110 on: July 08, 2008, 09:13:01 pm »

Offline Keenan

« Reply #111 on: July 09, 2008, 12:54:04 am »
  Cracker ya got to be straight with me from now on. I didn't know you and already been consorting with the keepers of the gold stuff. :o  W ;De may have toi do some serious drastic measure to get you stable.

Offline D. Tiller

« Reply #112 on: July 09, 2008, 01:45:32 am »
Forget it Keenan! I know em. He is definitely a lost cause.  He has a definate case of bows on the brain! ;D

Offline cracker

« Reply #113 on: July 09, 2008, 05:09:27 pm »
  Cracker ya got to be straight with me from now on. I didn't know you and already been consorting with the keepers of the gold stuff. :o  W ;De may have toi do some serious drastic measure to get you stable.
Well I finally got out of the clink the other day. While I was in there I got put in solitary confinement for making a bow out of rolled up newspaper and underwear alastic. All the other guys thought it was great we had a breakout planned but the warden cought us.
Cracker

Offline recurve shooter

« Reply #114 on: July 09, 2008, 11:07:16 pm »
you spelled caught wrong.  ;D
lets just shoot it

Offline cracker

« Reply #115 on: July 10, 2008, 05:05:15 pm »
you spelled caught wrong.  ;D
Maybe you need to do out and make some shavengs.

Offline DanaM

« Reply #116 on: March 12, 2009, 02:54:02 pm »
Thought I would revive this thread seeing as how a bunch of us are going down to the great enablers farm in May for an orgy of
bow building, knapping and what not. I'm sure we will all need an intervention when we get home ;D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #117 on: March 12, 2009, 09:54:38 pm »
Someone said if you deny that you are addicted then you are addicted and in denial.  What a bunch of poo.  I am not in denial and I can control this.  So what if I have a current list of 10 bows in various stages of completion, big deal.  I know lotsa guys that do more bows than that!  So what if I have to park my nice new 1987 Isuzu Trooper outside in the cold because my garage is now dedicated to toxophilic pursuits?!?!?!  Big deal if it gets in the way of my job and I break dates with hot chicks because I wanna stay home and scrape cambium off hackberry on a Saturday nite.  Women are over-rated anyway, right?

Wow, did I just say that?  Guys?  I am ok, right?  I'm not a bow-holic am I?
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline DanaM

« Reply #118 on: March 13, 2009, 06:54:04 am »
Ya sound normal to me JW ;) :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #119 on: March 27, 2009, 07:51:16 pm »
thot so
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.