Author Topic: Bowaholics Support Thread  (Read 202715 times)

Offline RidgeRunner

Re: Bowaholics Support thread
« Reply #60 on: April 17, 2008, 11:11:12 am »
Dr. Keenan:
I am glad to see that at least you have some will power left.
Surly you must have some.  You still haul your bow wood in a Honda Fit? ??? :D
I have seen people who are so addicted with this bow making thing that they severely (OVERLOAD) large pickup trucks with bow wood.
Chevy, Ford and Dodge 2500 size trucks have been seen sagging in the tail from the load.

The worst case I ever saw was at this "gathering" in Tennessee last year.  This big bald dude overloaded his Dodge truck something terrable.
Bow wood was hanging off the tailgate by as much as 4 feet.  It was also plied up over the sidewalls.  It was a terrable sight when he drove off. Worst yet he drove all the way across the contry with this load.  He drove through rain, snow, sleet, dark of night and a tornado in Kansas.  Nothing would stop him from getting his stash safely home.  I must confess that tucks have been overloaded by me as well.  But they were small trucks.  An occasionally I even get the tailgate closed.  So surly "these other people"  are worse off that I am.

I plan to attend this "gathering" in Tennessee once more this year.  I am some what apprehensive.  There are rumors that It will be a bit different this year.  Large suppiles of the really hard stuff are supposed to be on hand.  Free for the taking.  I fear that I may partake of the hard stuff and never be able to put it down.

David 
David Key / N.W. Alabama

Offline Keenan

« Reply #61 on: April 17, 2008, 01:12:32 pm »
 David,I'm sorry to have miss led you. My will power is no stronger then others and probably worst since I was the first to come forward ;D The (Honda Fit) that I was refering to is proudly owned by DTiller. ;D I must admit I will stoop to using the biggest truck (and Trailer) available. >:D I have severly overloaded our silverado more times then my wife is aware of.
  I must also admit that I have become friends with every tree trimmer in the area. Not because I want to be friends but because of thier access to constant supply lines ;D I've even been kown to swerve into the coned off area of the county road crew as they clear trees from roads.
  Yes I must admit that I am not sure that I am any stronger then all my fellow bowyer brothers. I'm just striving to devolpe coping methods at this point :D

WHO YOU CALLIN COMPROMISED  >:D  ;D

yes, dana and keenan, that's the very bunch i was talking about in my earlier post.  i'm glad the word about them is spreading so fast.  y'all need to go, check it our, just to see what i'm talking about.  besides, y'all have SOME willpower left, right?  so you wouldn't be in any danger to pick up this evil addiction.  just look at me:  i ain't addicted, i don't know what y'all's problem is.  in fact, i'm so bored with this topic, i'm gonna go make some shavings, just to prove i ain't addicted  ;D

Dusty Your in serious denial bro. I will clear my schedule for an imediate intervention. This is a call to arms for all those in Dusty area. He needs immediate help ::)
 Greg You have taken the first and hardest step. (UNLIKE THE OTHER UNMENTIONED RING LEADER)   The fact that you are so much a part of the organization and involved in the up coming gathering is a major concern. It's highly doubtfull that you will be able to abstain from the lure of so much influenece while in that situation.  Try very hard to limit yourself and only touch one item at a time. Mixing the hard stuff with the gold can be deadly.  Do your best to be strong and if posible watch but don't touch :D

Pappy (I MEAN UNNAMED)  It's ok many others have come forward. Don't wait till it's to late.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2008, 02:01:18 am by Keenan »

Offline Keenan

« Reply #62 on: April 23, 2008, 12:46:36 pm »
 No one having any weekend binges and no one seeking counsel. Gosh everyone must be healed and on the road to recovery :D :D :D   NOT  Don't think I don't know what's going on. You are all just staying quiet cause you know your up coming plans to attend and indulge at the "gathering" of gatherings is just around the corner.  :o :o    Dr. Keenan

Offline DanaM

« Reply #63 on: April 23, 2008, 12:54:49 pm »
Yup going on a ROAD TRIP to the Great Enabler Who Shall Stay unnamed ;D eh Pappy ;)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline RidgeRunner

« Reply #64 on: April 23, 2008, 02:51:59 pm »
 Keenan:
Are you going to see Pappy?
If so, bring you couch.
We may all need a bit of therapy before we have to leave. :D

David
David Key / N.W. Alabama

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #65 on: April 24, 2008, 09:17:04 am »
I'm afraid this upcoming event that so many of us are secretly making plans to attend will conclusively have us all sunk so deeply into the depths of bowaholicism that no amount of counciling can cure...even from such a fine and distinguished man of learning as our own Dr. Keenan! Even so...I knowingly under the guidance of the "unnamed" ahhum, Pappy ;D...continue to prepare for the gathering... driving the sheep to the slaughter! :'( ;D
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Keenan

« Reply #66 on: April 24, 2008, 12:37:02 pm »
 As Greg stated it's highly doubtfull that any will come back from this event uninfected. I would say it might be helpfull to take an acountability partner however in this situation it's highly dangerous and others are often infected as well.
  Here is a photo of the (unnamed) taken by one of our operatives on the inside of the compound. Should this man aproach you, be very cautious especially if there is anything yellow in his hands.   :D

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: April 24, 2008, 12:57:20 pm by Keenan »

Offline John K

« Reply #67 on: April 24, 2008, 12:44:47 pm »
 :D :D Good luck everyone ! I'll be chasing turkeys around and looking for trees to cut down........no i don't have a problem  ::)
The only way to fail is to never start !

Offline DanaM

« Reply #68 on: April 24, 2008, 12:56:21 pm »
Funny how the most dangerous are usually so mild mannered looking ;) ;D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #69 on: April 24, 2008, 02:28:58 pm »
Funny how the most dangerous are usually so mild mannered looking 
Not funny at all...that's the plan. Who would suspect such bowaholic inducing influence from such a "mild mannered looking" gentleman such as the unnamed? ???  ;D
Greg

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #70 on: April 24, 2008, 09:44:02 pm »
Hehhehheh ;D ;D ;D...
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Keenan

« Reply #71 on: April 24, 2008, 10:52:04 pm »
 ;D :D  If you look deep into his eyes you'll see that there is a driving force behind them. >:D >:DThe pleasent "Good Ol Boy" look is part of the cover. Only those that have been bitten by ol yellar know what a hold it can have.  :'(

Offline DanaM

« Reply #72 on: April 25, 2008, 08:45:00 am »
I'm into withdrawls bad right now, haven't made a shaving, fletched a arra, hafted a point or even tasted sinew in a week.
Can't sleep in anticipation of heading south for Pappyland, I tried cutting some shafts yesterday and it helped some but
my thoughts keep returning to the adventure that is looming closer all the time. Got it bad :'( :'( :'(

Manistique, MI

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #73 on: April 25, 2008, 09:27:19 am »
I'm looking forward to it while at the same time realise it will probably take me a week to recover from it. :)
Greg

Offline TRACY

« Reply #74 on: April 25, 2008, 09:51:05 am »
Dr. Keenan, I have a big problem. I just found out that I'm not going to be able to attend the Classic in TN. What am I suppose to do with all of this anticipation? How does one fill a void of this magnitude?

Seriously depressed,
Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956