Author Topic: "I need a bow" (Completed) Still willing to trade other items  (Read 834 times)

Offline backwoodsguy

I'm unable to show pictures except by text but many of the items I offer are in Tandy and CrazyCrow catalogs. This is also how I value the the trade. Things to trade are 6 copperhead skins 24-28", 4 rat snake skins 75" 54" 53" 46", a hole braintan hair on whitetail skin, 17 sq. ft.of 2-3 oz cow hide in a soft gold color, a French Ax & alligator sheath, 2 Meerschaum pipes one old man and other a lions head, CVA brass powder horn and 2 50-100 open top brass measures, completed half legging botas, 4 or 5 East Texas white tail racks 12-15" wide and most are 8 points, about 5-7 Green River carbon blades in Buffalo and Sheep Skinner design (like new),probably 15-20 rattle snake skin belt buckles on Tandy blanks (round, rectangle & oval) I used to sell them for $27.50 back when I made them, real scalp locks 12-14" long from my head when I cut my hair off, new full quill ostrich Biker wallet with chain and clip, 3 atlatl throwing sticks- I'll keep one & let 2 go,bi-fold python skin wallet, emu skin roper wallet. There's more but I'm tired of one finger typing.
 What do you have "of equal value" to trade? Must be able to use it at pre-1840's rendezvous.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2019, 06:26:14 am by backwoodsguy »

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: I need a bow to give as a gift 45# 28" draw. lots to trade
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2019, 12:19:12 pm »
Sent you a PM.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline backwoodsguy

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2019, 07:33:18 am »
I'm 74 years old and still on AOL dial up.I haven't been able to get to my email service for over a year. My cell phone only has texting and no internet service. The only way I can send photos of items to you is by you texting me your request so I can text back. My cell number is 936-245-5074. I guess that's why I use the  Name "Backwoodsguy". I really do live in the woods.

Offline backwoodsguy

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2019, 01:06:33 am »
Sidmand, I got your message about having a bow to trade but you never text me back so I could get photos to you. I'm unable to email on my computer but I can text you photos.

Offline backwoodsguy

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2019, 11:47:43 am »
Willy44, I need a well made and hand made primitive bow for rendezvous. I can't use  commercial brands as the gift to my friend. Thanks for the offer though.

Online sleek

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2019, 04:50:54 pm »
Were you able to settle on a trade yet?
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline backwoodsguy

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2019, 02:02:21 am »
I've been made three offers for the gun. Mullet text me some photos of a bow he made and is in the process of building one  to meet my expectations. Sidmand never text me so I could send him pictures. Another person offered a commercial bow that couldn't be used at rendezvous. I'm still open to offers on all items.REMEMBER, I can only send pictures by text.

Online sleek

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2019, 02:54:20 am »
Mullet will do you right, of that you can be certain.  I'd be interested in making a deal for all your snake skins. I can text you pics of what I have made in the past. what are your specs you want this bow made to? I will text you here in a few hours, I'd hate to wake you up accidentally. 

Online sleek

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2019, 08:03:50 am »
I sent you a text

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
I'd be interested in the half leg Botas also. What kind of trade for those?
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline JEB

what you looking for in a bow?