Author Topic: Lookin 4 some Cotton mouths  (Read 39563 times)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: Lookin 4 some Cotton mouths
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2008, 11:13:22 pm »
  LMAO, and blow beer out my nose! ;D Pat, the only reason it'd spit me out is I'm too darn sweet. It's funny, today I was turkey hunting and set up next to a big Palmetto thicket and had a two and a half foot Mocassin crawl right by me about 8' away. I couldn't find a stick and didn't want to use a 3 1/2" Nitro to kill an ol' snake. especialy with a bird that Gobbled a little while before. Bad part is I'm going back in the morning in the dark, It's the last day of the season and the old boy only has two hens and I'm sure he'll roost in the same place. And I already got 3 of his brothers'. ;)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline sailordad

« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2008, 01:12:16 am »
dang going for 4, must be nice to ge that many a season.

good luck ;)
pictures of the buzzards would be nice too.
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

kdub

« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2008, 05:27:58 pm »
There are plenty of them out and about here in N TX right now.  I usually see them hangin' out near the banks of pretty much anywhere there is water.  Ive also been seein' plenty of, maybe more,   diamond backed watersnakes.  They look almost identical to a water moc. except they can get longer and are nonvemonous.. I shot one yesterday when bowfishin, got em' pinned up and drying right now.  Good luck.

gene roberts

« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2008, 02:20:39 am »
i love me some rattlesnake meat.  Good Luck findin them snakes.

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2008, 02:57:11 am »
I'll tell you what...these are some viscous Snakes....and Stinkers too....never smelt a Muskier Snake in my Life than a Diamondback Water Snake....does the Smell come off of the Skin??? It has to wear off a Person!!!! :o
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

kdub

« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2008, 06:04:53 pm »
yeah the diamondback watersnake smells like a skunk, literally.  I cleaned two of em yesterday and stopped cuttin right before the genital slit.  From my experience, once you start cuttin' down south the musk intensifies enough to initiate a gagging reflex. 

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2008, 10:18:18 pm »
                                              I'll stick to Rattlers....Racers....and Rat Snakes!!!!

Da Three R's
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline TRACY

« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2008, 05:05:58 pm »
Mullet, I would've used that Nitro w/o thinking. Mean sob's
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2008, 06:38:33 pm »
Well, if ya have too many snake skins or meat I would be willing to take them off your hands!  ;D

David T

“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2008, 12:05:44 am »
I watched a Redneck in a Truck swerve off the Road onto the Shoulder ....just to run over a 5 foot Bull Snake on the Way Home from Work today.....He skidded on Him....so it rolled Him up and ruined all of the Hide too....wasn't nothing to salvage....what a Moron!!!
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2008, 11:47:04 pm »
  Cool, two young boys working for me told me they got me a couple of snakes over the weekend. Ones a 5' Eastern rattler and the other one is an increditable, 5' Water Mocassin. I haven't seen one that big in a very long time.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2008, 11:49:48 pm »
You tell those boys that they can butter up the boss by hunting snake skins for him eh. Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2008, 12:00:06 am »
   Yes sir! and the one's Granddad owns a 3,000 acre cattle ranch loaded with turkeys, deer ,and hogs. And recently, 15 Pacu monkeys escaped from a Safari Park about to open just down the road from his ranch. I can't wait till they put the Rhino's in. I guess these joker's never saw a Brahma bull walk through a fence. >:D ;D
Lakeland, Florida

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2008, 11:16:03 am »
If you get lucky they will put in American Bison.  They don't even notice a fence. Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline carpenter374

« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2008, 02:47:35 pm »
aries: im not too far from ya. i live about 15 mi north of clinton. ive been seein a few mocs around the ponds here. the rattler roundup in mangum is as big as the apache one or bigger. the mangum area is loaded with rattlers. they even have had national geographic out there doin a documentary or two on the large population of rattlers in that particular area. i go down there to cut mesquite for the smoker.            -carpenter
"Those who would sacrifice their freedom for safety will find that they will inherit neither." -Ben Franklin     

--Carpenter