Author Topic: Some People  (Read 2557 times)

Offline JEB

Some People
« on: June 22, 2019, 09:20:48 pm »
I get on a couple archery related sites everyday. Helps me keep my sanity especially the past few months. I put out a call that a In needed a few things that I couldn't find.  Kevin Halverson and the Outlaw came thru with what I needed and refused to take anything for the things they gave me and sent me,

I can't thank these guys enough for their generosity BUT one day I will get them back, lol

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
Re: Some People
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2019, 04:35:20 am »
I know just what your saying Jon. I remember my first time attending the Michigan Flint Knapper Meet in Chelsea. I was looking for a fellow who I'd never meet in person just on this site. Didn't even know his real name. Nobody knew anyone by the user name I knew. Then someone figured out who I was talking about. They showed my brother and I a fellow knapping in the corner with a couple guys I did recognize. I introduced myself and my brother and we were invited to sit down and knap with everyone. I watched this kind man answer any of the kids questions and let them try their hand. He incouraged them and gave them stone and tools to take home. He had a enthusiasm that was contagious. My brother who was a little nervous about coming felt very comfortable. When it was time for us to go, this fellow said he had something to show us. We followed him and he showed us some of the supplies he and his wife had gathered over the winter as they traveled the west. He gave us a five gallon bucket of stuff and wouldn't take anything for it. I as you said was going to get him back. I saw him at Marshall and showed him some of my stuff. I showed him one of my stone point arrows and he ask if it was mine? I said no, it's yours. He was very grateful and truly admired it. I knew it wasn't enough but it was something and he did appreciate and except it. I thought I kinda got him back. The next time I saw him was a year later at Marshall again. He handed me one of his stone point arrows and it was beautiful. Dang got me again!
I tell yah. What some people will do.
Take care Jon
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2019, 11:41:04 am »
Seems to be a lot of folks like that in this community!  To put it mildly, really nice, welcoming folks!
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline JEB

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2019, 01:38:13 pm »
Dang you have a good memory, lol

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2019, 05:34:24 pm »
Dang you have a good memory, lol

(lol) I'll have to tell my wife you said that. She's says I don't remember a thing she tells me.

Bjrogg

Some things I just don't forget

A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2019, 05:45:37 pm »
Yes a bunch of class acts here. I also seem to remember some old bear supplies and knocks sent out. ;) Hard to get these folks back I can tell you that. :) You may try but I can almost promise you won't succeed. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2019, 07:15:44 pm »
I'm still trying to get even with all the things you have given me over the last few years. 
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline KHalverson

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2019, 11:33:57 am »
Jon
you have been helping me out since before either of us were members here.
its people like we have on this site that give me back a little piece of hope when I start to wonder why I even bother anymore.