Author Topic: Del Has a Bit of a Moan ... Update!  (Read 14244 times)

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
Re: Del Has a Bit of a Moan ... Update!
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2019, 03:25:39 am »
Why are they weighing unlimited class bows ? Arvin
Ah, well... once upon a time the data was used to work out a sort of handicap system such that an 80 yr old bloke with arthritis shooting a 30# bow could have his result scaled up to be competitive with some young gun pulling 120# . That system isn't in use but the weighing has continued so that the data may be used at some point....
Del
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.

Offline avcase

« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2019, 11:24:31 am »
How bizarre.  There is no possible way to come up with such a “handicap” system that makes physics sense. Perhaps they found that out.  I’m sure there were good intentions behind the practice that made it seem like a good idea at the time their rules were created. This happens all the time. We come up with a great idea just to find out that there’s are all kinds of unintended consequences once it is implemented.

Alan

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2019, 10:41:04 pm »
Now, wait a minute!  I can still shoot a 45# bow!  And hurt a bit the next day!  And considering how I did in the Flight shoot last year, I would need a heck of a lot of handicap - in fact, every body else would have be about 100 yards further back than me!  Maybe it was just the new bows >:D (SH) (R!
Hee! Hee!
Hawkdanccer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline Selfbowman

« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2019, 02:35:57 pm »
Del I agree with the hold down of wooden flight bows. Experienced it myself last flight shoot. There needs to be a adjustable stop at what the bowyer thinks is the draw weight. Pulled to the stop the scale keeps the digital weight  when let off. Then adjust if need be. Poor description but best I can do.
Arvin
Well I'll say!!  Osage is king!!