Author Topic: Tiller Check 64" Saskatoon (Serviceberry)  (Read 3882 times)

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
Re: Tiller Check 64" Saskatoon (Serviceberry)
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2020, 12:06:43 pm »
I like it. That's a nice profile. Hopefully you can keep it and it doesn't pull out right away. It'll be much easier for the eye tillering now. If you look in the Bow Of the Month section of this site and look at the latest Selfbow full draws theirs a bunch of them that look just how yours should at full draw when it's done.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline SLIMBOB

• Deplorable Slim
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2020, 01:21:57 pm »
If you only heat one limb, or one section of one limb, the untreated parts can take more set as a result. That looks good.
Liberty, In God We Trust, E Pluribus Unum.  Distinctly American Values.

Offline Deerhunter21

• What do you despise? By this are you truly known.
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2020, 09:06:58 pm »
howed the heat treat go?
Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination.

Offline HighEagle

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2020, 07:50:37 am »
 I have only had time to do one limb so far. We have had so much snow lately if i'm not digging out at home i'm digging out at work.
I have a 3 day weekend coming up starting tomorrow should have time to finish. Its been a week now since I tempered the one limb, it for sure has rehydrated by now. When I finish the other limb do I have to wait the same amount of time for the limb to acclimatize?

Thanks Chuck
  Any Green Bay fans? Go Seahawks 

Armstrong, BC

Offline DC

« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2020, 09:54:38 am »
A couple of days should do it. Armstrong is pretty dry isn't it? Maybe stand it in the bathroom.

Offline HighEagle

« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2020, 11:40:19 am »
Its been a week now since I heated the other limb I have no heat in the shop/barn and the temp this week has ranged from -5 to 12F. Today it is snowing hard and warmed up to 19F and 87%humidity

At -5F I brought the bow inside the house, backroom approx 60F 30-55% humidity . What do you all do in the cold weather tillering? is it safe to work the bow out in the cold from the house temp?

Thanks Chuck
Armstrong, BC

Offline DC

« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2020, 10:36:16 am »
I've never worried about temperature, just RH and I would say you're fine there. If it's the change in temp that you're worried about just stand the stave outside and have another cup of coffee. By the time you're ready the bow will be too.