Author Topic: Coming to an end MOJAM 2019  (Read 13943 times)

Offline little bear

Coming to an end MOJAM 2019
« on: July 21, 2019, 03:48:34 pm »
I just wanted to say how wonderful of a time I had this past week with the MOJAM family.  Good times were had by all even though it was 120 in the shade.  Thank you everyone up the hill for such wonderful stories, jokes and some pranks (BOB where's your plate?) this week.  I cannot even begin to express the thanks for the utensils from Gifford, they were absolutely beautiful, the knife form Paul, I love it, sign from Bob, the cherry pie from Lenny, but I believe my husband snuck into it, the fish fry weds night,  the gorgeous knife from John to my husband and if you talked to Greg at all this week, usually the first thing he said to you after getting this knife was "come here let me show you this".  And last but not least just thank you to everyone at dinner every night.  Everything was wonderful, friends were near and bellies were full.  I, we enjoyed every minute this week with our yearly family.  I hope I haven't left anyone out and if I have I apologize.  Until next year.

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
Re: Coming to an end MOJAM 2019
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2019, 05:23:37 pm »
It was a toasty MoJam.
By that I'm not referring to the temps but, rather, the heartwarming renewal of friendships.
Til next year . . . . !!
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline Selfbowman

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2019, 08:13:28 am »
Sorry I could not make this one! One fantastic group of archers and Bowyers! Arvin
Well I'll say!!  Osage is king!!

Offline Bob Barnes

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2019, 10:18:17 am »
It would not be the same if it wasn't for our 2 camps being just one big one.   :OK  Thank you so much for everything... I will bring a few more jalapenos next year.  If you ever need anything, just let me know.
~Bob
Seems like common sense isn't very common any more...

Offline gifford

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2019, 10:43:15 am »
Little Bear - My thanks to you along with your husband's efforts in keeping us all fed with your award winning bar-b-que. Simply outstanding. You both went above and beyond.

Offline gifford

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2019, 11:04:56 am »
Yep, based on the temperatures in KC metro today and forecast for this week, MoJAM 2019 was only one week early.

I recall MoJAM's hotter and cooler but each and every one has been outstanding.

The MoJAM crew, the inside crew and outside crew. Especially Robin. As always, went out their way to make MoJAM aka The Ozark Selfbow Jamboree the best. Simply the best in my book.

Vendors, appreciate your efforts to show up with quality goods at fair prices. Patronized as many as I could, if I missed your booth, there is always next year.

Always appreciate the helping hand given to me on more than one occasion by the folks at the pavilion. You all keep teaching an old dog new tricks when it comes to bow building.

In summary, the best bunch of folks, period.

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2019, 08:55:10 pm »
It was a great time, except for the "wet bulb" extreme in the red flag category!  Evenings were fun, and dinners were good!  Didn't get to do everything I wanted to,  many thanks to Paul for the nifty neck knife, and Giff forthe draw knife, scraper, and feathers.  Also, the nieghbor who gave me some goat rawhide, name just escaped me!  The mind goes first, I don't remember what's second!
  Looking forward to next year!  Made it home safely, and tired
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2019, 05:05:30 pm »
Thank you all for making this mojam such a great time!
Little bear, you and you husband are awesome! Thank him again for letting me use half of his smoker on more than on occasion. I always enjoy walking up the hill and taking the time to visit with you guys and your neighbors.
I have to say that my chest swelled up a bit when Keith announced that I have a good brisket, but I couldn't have done it without Greg!

Arvin, you were truly missed buddy, there was a big hole in our camp where you and your wife was last year. I hope to see you next year!

I've been coming to mojam for several years now, I think 5 or 6. I have never shot the course, heck, besides walking down to the clout shoot, I've never even seen the course. But I was finally able to for the first time this year and it was awesome!

Thanks to all that make mojam special and especially to Robin for all of his hard work!
Counting the days till next year!

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Selfbowman

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2019, 06:44:52 pm »
Well Pat I missed what I know to be one of the best Bowyers gatherings I’ve been too. Well there is Pappys . Will try to make it next year. We missed everyone. Arvin
Well I'll say!!  Osage is king!!

Offline gifford

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2019, 07:05:16 am »
The Marshall Democrat News has a great photo gallery, two in fact, on MoJAM, the flight shoot and the long shoot.

Here's the link (I think):

https://www.marshallnews.com/gallery/35194
https://www.marshallnews.com/gallery/35203

Very nice coverage, quite a few of the participants are shown, thanks to the newspaper and the photographer for memorializing MoJAM 2019.

Offline PaulN/KS

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2019, 01:13:49 pm »
Glad you like the knife Gail, and Many Thanks for all the food and fun provided up there on the "hill".  :)
As always, it is great to get together with friends at Mojam.
Thank You to all who make it happen.  :OK

Offline Charlesanive

Coming to an end MOJAM 2019
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2019, 02:06:54 pm »
It may be so , but without fear , there will be no questions .

For no fear , no questions .

No questions , no answers .

No answers ... you know whatll happen .

Btw . What kind of events will be held at the year end party?