Author Topic: Osage mollegebet question  (Read 872 times)

Offline bushboy

Osage mollegebet question
« on: August 19, 2019, 07:42:29 pm »
Hi guys,I have a 2-1/4" wide by 65" long.my buddy wants a Molly type bow @ 55#@28".I would appreciate some dimensions .I have built a few from elm but not Osage .thxs bush!
M
Some like motorboats,I like kayaks,some like guns,I like bows,but not the wheelie type.

Offline SLIMBOB

• Deplorable Slim
Re: Osage mollegebet question
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2019, 09:16:30 pm »
I made one close to those stats a few years ago. Blackhawk gave me the dimensions. You can do a search and find it.
Liberty, In God We Trust, E Pluribus Unum.  Distinctly American Values.

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline SLIMBOB

• Deplorable Slim

Offline Badger

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2019, 09:56:59 am »
I don't like that design for Osage because the transition area is too steep in Osage splits pretty easily

bownarra

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2019, 03:25:57 pm »
See how those designs have the limb to lever transition convex, if you make area a concave transistion instead you get a nicer fade but also you can lose a fair bit of weight. I also like to make the handle fades  come further into the center of the grip and make the bow work right into the fades. Like Juri example in tbb.

Offline SLIMBOB

• Deplorable Slim
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2019, 04:06:59 pm »
This was my first lever bow. I played it basic with the design. 50/50 is pretty aggressive and I played it safe. It works right out of the fades. It has taken almost no set since it was finished so design and tiller I am pleased with. Shoots light little darts or heavy hunting arrows equally well. I have on my later ones refined the transitions so that they are sleeker. Less blocky. All in all I think it’s a pretty decent design. Blackhawk and Half Eye both contributed.