Author Topic: Morning weakness  (Read 2332 times)

Offline sleek

Morning weakness
« on: October 01, 2019, 07:42:30 am »
Does anyone else experience this? You wake up and barely have the strength to get dressed, certainly cant draw a bow, cant grip anything or even move your toes? It takes all your strength to do something simple as putting on socks and shoes. It lasts for half the day, slowly your strength comes back but your muscles feel so sore and tired, its painful to force them to move. By the night, your strength is almost 100% but the muscles you forced ache like you did a hard core work out.

I've been dealing with this on and off for years, and am having a problem that's affecting my left leg at the moment.  Just wondering if I'm alone on this.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline Eric Krewson

Re: Morning weakness
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2019, 07:55:48 am »
I would see a Dr right now, it could be a host of things, some very serious.

Offline Deerhunter21

• What do you despise? By this are you truly known.
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2019, 08:02:02 am »
That dosent sound good sleek! You should go get that checked out! It seems like your body isnt able to recover from the last day, ehat did you do the other day?
Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination.

Offline Stoker

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2019, 08:43:55 am »
Most muscle and joint pain can be caused by people not drinking enough water. Keeping hydrated can help with most issues.
Might help can"t hurt
Bacon is food DUCT tape - Cipriano

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2019, 11:42:02 am »
Plus 2 with Eric and Russell!  Get a check-up, and try to drink more water as Stoker said, might even add in some sports drink, too.  Knowing you are on the move a lot for work, might have upset your biorhythms so you aren't recovering overnight.  See a doctor!
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2019, 07:45:56 am »
I have no medical qualifications whatsoever so my advice is worthless but it is easy it google your condition, the first thing that comes up is rheumatoid arthritis.

I had a brother-in-law and sister-in-law with MS, another thing to think about and all the more reason to see a doctor.

Offline Woodely

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2019, 10:07:18 am »
Could be a number of things,  not playing doctor here but maybe you are lacking certain vitamins and minerals.   My health is really bad and all I can say is,  I try to eat  something different everyday.   Don't eat the same thing all the time through out the week.
"Doing bad work is an exercise in futility, but honestly making mistakes is trying your best."

Offline TimothyR

• PM110782
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2019, 09:46:52 am »
Definitely need to see the doc.  One of my NCO's always said that water is a qure all. Drink lots of water. You might have a couple of Gatorade in there too. Just make sure you are drinking more water than Gatorade. In Iraq we had 1 Gatorade to 2-3 waters.
Freedom dies one compromise at a time. III%

Offline sleek

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2019, 10:15:16 am »
I'm at 100% today, was a little sore yesterday,  this happens about once ever 2 months, sometimes its just a weak grip, others, I cant do simple tasks, like tie my shoes, holding a pencil is hard, once, I had to lay in bed for 4 hours because I couldn't move anything except my head. Soon as I could move my hand I called 911. The said if I'm getting better I should probably wait it out, so I laid there until I could get around again. That was many years ago, about 10. Haven't had an attack that bad since. I look up and see all kinds of possibilities, some saying it's normal to have weak strength in the morning.  It started while I was in the Navy, cant pinpoints t when exactly. I'm just wondering if anyone else ever experienced likewise morning weakness.

I have spoken to a doctor once about it, but I wasn't having the problem at the moment,  and being as it the VA, I dont think they were very interested anyway
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline stuckinthemud

• avenue woodcarving
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2019, 12:06:56 pm »
Hi Sleek, this is not normal, get checked out while you got it, its like having an intermittent fault on your car, mechanic can't fix it while its not there but it sure as heck will come back if you don't get it looked at while it is traceable, and you don't come with an on-board computer that can log the fault code.....