Author Topic: Anyone hear from Clint...  (Read 9875 times)

Online Pat B

• Administrator
Anyone hear from Clint...
« on: September 09, 2019, 12:38:16 pm »
...and how his first elk hunt is going? I remember mine from '06 and '10 and how exciting it was just to be out west.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Deerhunter21

• What do you despise? By this are you truly known.
Re: Anyone hear from Clint...
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2019, 01:00:12 pm »
Is he out there already? Wow! (SH) (SH)
Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination.

Offline Ed Brooks

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2019, 01:05:05 pm »
He’s posted some on Facebook.
It's in my blood...

Centralia WA,

Online Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2019, 01:42:10 pm »
I don't do facebook any more. I guess we'll hear all about it when he gets back.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2019, 02:25:29 pm »
Plenty. Little turd has service up there. He saw one elk so far, but lots of nice country. Says he is getting a new tent when he gets back, the wind really pounded on his Coleman.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Online Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2019, 03:31:44 pm »
Thanks for the update, Pearlie. It is awesome country out there especially for us in the Eastern Woodlands and Mid West.

Offline paulsemp

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2019, 03:44:55 pm »
Yeah my name is on a group text and it seems to ding every 5 minutes. Worse than being at work ...

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2019, 11:21:57 pm »
There was a mite of wind on the western slope!  Got a big fire north of where I think he is.  Storms have moved east, though, but somewhat cooler tomorrow.  More storms maybe Wednesday.
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2019, 05:30:15 am »
Looking forward to hearing all about it. My little brother and sisters in law are out there now to. Have gotten a few pictures from them but haven't heard anything in awhile now. Sure is beautiful county. Really would like to get out there sometime.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Online Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2019, 06:52:51 am »
I got a PM from Clint last night. Sounds like he's having a great time and a great adventure.  :OK

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2019, 08:21:22 pm »
Here's some images Clint has taken during his adventure. The man is having wonderful time and appreciative of the fitness he achieved that's permitting him to have this great time.

Bear calling card . . .

... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline Deerhunter21

• What do you despise? By this are you truly known.
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2019, 09:14:19 pm »
He looks Really cool in that second picture! a hunter in full! It looks like he's having alot of fun and im excited to see what he feels about it! Hes looking fitter than when I saw him in person! thats really good! You have fun Clint and while your having fun, get yourself an elk!! definitely an experiance to remember.
Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination.

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2019, 12:01:47 am »
Just getting ready to move through the high country will get you in good shape!  It is a bit of a challenge even for those of us who live 5,000 ft above sea level or more.  The higher you go, the thinner the air, like about 50% here on the Front Range to about 70% at 9,000-10,000 ft!  So less oxygen and harder to breathe efficiently.  Doesn't affect younger folks as much if they are in good shape. We mature (lol) folks tend to take it very easy when we go higher!  Clint looks like he dropped about 50#! For this adventure!
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2019, 12:33:59 am »
When I first met him about 2 a.m. somewhere in the dark at Pappy's place he was about as easy to go around as he was to go over.  I am plumb tickled that he has gotten seriously fit and trim, he has done himself and his family a great service. The man has earned this hunt and I wish him nothing but good!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2019, 06:03:35 am »
Yep he has worked at it hard for sure. Can't wait to hear some stories. Good luck Clint and shoot straight.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good