Author Topic: Thank you heros of 9/11  (Read 3003 times)

Offline Deerhunter21

• What do you despise? By this are you truly known.
Thank you heros of 9/11
« on: September 11, 2019, 12:33:12 pm »
I am in lunch right now. We are taking a break from a 9/11 video. It scares me to watch as peopl call their families for the last time, to watch as people would rather jump out of the building than burn in the fire, to hear and see what happened from 5am to 1pm. It makes me peoud though, to see the selflessness of people that run back into the flames to save others, even if it means that they may never be found again. Thank you, Heros of 9/11.
Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination.

Offline sleek

Re: Thank you heros of 9/11
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2019, 12:59:49 pm »
I was 17, and in bootcamp shortly after. All who survived the event, and the following war, will tell you the REAL heroes are the ones you cant thank in person.  Never forget. But what are we never forgetting? Who we are, what we can survive, and that the enemy is still at our door. Stay vigilant, Stand the Watch, keep us a nation worth fighting for, and take pride in how much the enemy hates us. Sounds odd at first, but there are certain people who's approval you do NOT want. Be proud of that, not ashamed. Dont bow down because it's easy. The mentality taught today is one that will lead to defeat. It's not about political correctness, its about patriotic conviction, the REAL P.C.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2019, 03:05:21 pm »
It sometimes seems odd how this county get blamed for so many things. How it gives so much that never is even givin a ThankYou for. I mean yes I'm sure we've made some mistakes, but who hasn't.
We are a nation of free people. Nobody is making any of us stay here.

I don't mean to sound like someone who thinks they live in the greatest country in the world, but in all honesty I do. I wish everyone from every country could feel that way. I wish people didn't have to flee other countries to have that same feeling. I hope our own people can understand how precious that is.

I do often wonder what people born after 911 really feel about it. I'm sure for myself living through it had a much different effect on me than anything else I can think of in my life. I can't even imagine if I had lost loved ones because of this senseless act.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Deerhunter21

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2019, 03:22:35 pm »
Bj Ill tell you how some kids feel, not me or the other percent but the "popular" (at least as I see it). People in my class saw this as a funny cartoon, when the towers fell they cheered quietly to themselves and only said wow because it looked cool. when they saw the people taking their life they someone quietly laughed to their neighbor because they looked funny while falling. honestly after and during i cried, At first I cried for the people that lost people that lost people but then I cried because of how disrespectful my peers were being. I dont know what to say though. I think Ive said enough though about them.

The others, heard some cry with me, and I saw people turn away when they saw the horrors. these people shunned the people that laughed while they cried, that saw cool when we saw sadness. these people, I hold their opinions high, these are the people I am proud to call friends. right now I want to cry because I am finally realizing what these people... you know. I wish the amount of these opinions were smaller. thanks for listening while I vent. I'm sorry if this is disappointing.

in all honesty, these people scare me

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2019, 04:32:34 pm »
Russell as I watched this happen in real life. Knowing it was the real thing it was a real emotional experience. Part of me wanted to pretend it wasn't real. When the rest of me realized it really was it simply couldn't understand how anyone could do this. I guess it's probably just being naive. I guess this type of stuff happens more frequently than I could imagine in other places. I can wish it wasn't so, but it doesn't make it that way. Every good warrior wishes for peace, real peace, lasting peace. I wish for it to, but I realize it's not easy to find and harder to keep.
Bjrogg

Offline sleek

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2019, 04:37:35 pm »
Bj Ill tell you how some kids feel, not me or the other percent but the "popular" (at least as I see it). People in my class saw this as a funny cartoon, when the towers fell they cheered quietly to themselves and only said wow because it looked cool. when they saw the people taking their life they someone quietly laughed to their neighbor because they looked funny while falling. honestly after and during i cried, At first I cried for the people that lost people that lost people but then I cried because of how disrespectful my peers were being. I dont know what to say though. I think Ive said enough though about them.

The others, heard some cry with me, and I saw people turn away when they saw the horrors. these people shunned the people that laughed while they cried, that saw cool when we saw sadness. these people, I hold their opinions high, these are the people I am proud to call friends. right now I want to cry because I am finally realizing what these people... you know. I wish the amount of these opinions were smaller. thanks for listening while I vent. I'm sorry if this is disappointing.

in all honesty, these people scare me

These people you describe, its unfortunately your burden, your responsibility to become a larger influence on your country than they ever will be. Look at this and realize, it took only ONE generation, 18 years, for people to not only forget, but to have never cared to begin with.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 04:40:52 pm by sleek »

Offline Deerhunter21

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2019, 05:31:41 pm »
Sleek, i hope its not like that. I am just speaking for my one school. I dont think weve forgotten, but there are definitely people who dont care or as bj said, they dont want to beleive it happened. Ill jist say, there have been too many jokes about this. People did not go back onto that building to be made fun of or mocked, they did it because they care and they definitely deserve more than that.

I was thinking about what you said about peace bj, i got tbe question, is peace planning for the next war, or os war planning for the next peace? Also what would you call true peace?

Offline sleek

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2019, 05:43:25 pm »
Sleek, i hope its not like that. I am just speaking for my one school. I dont think weve forgotten, but there are definitely people who dont care or as bj said, they dont want to beleive it happened. Ill jist say, there have been too many jokes about this. People did not go back onto that building to be made fun of or mocked, they did it because they care and they definitely deserve more than that.

I was thinking about what you said about peace bj, i got tbe question, is peace planning for the next war, or os war planning for the next peace? Also what would you call true peace?

First off, those people who went in those burning buildings, I doubt they care much about the opinions of individual snot nosed brats.

That said, they will never get what they deserve on this earth. True peace is when no one wants to hurt another. It wont happen in this earth age. Both versions of peace you describe are valid, and needed for the other to be effective. They cant exist separately.

Offline JEB

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2019, 06:34:19 pm »
There is a lot to remember on 9/11. My buddy took a head shot on 9/11/66 in Viet Nam and that left him paralyzed on his right side. I call him every 9/11 to tell him I am thinking of him.

Offline sleek

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2019, 06:38:04 pm »
There is a lot to remember on 9/11. My buddy took a head shot on 9/11/66 in Viet Nam and that left him paralyzed on his right side. I call him every 9/11 to tell him I am thinking of him.

Gives me a pause to realize,  we aren't the only generations who went through hell. It's easy to not realize.  Maybe that's why Deerhunters classmates are acting like they do. They cant relate. But to mock? That gives me dispare.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2019, 06:42:01 pm »
I'm afraid Sleek is probably right Russell. Man has been at war with each other long before we were ever a country. Even before we were really man. I'm doubting we will ever truly have peace. Honestly it's not even limited to just man. Many animal species are constantly at war with each other to. I guess some might even call it survival of the fittest. Protecting their turf. It's probably a instinct to protect what you need to survive. Probably not one of our finest qualities, but maybe a necessity.

Here's to those who did give what they did for that peace. May we always still hope for it and protect it. May it spread to all the corners of this planet and beyond. May the lion and the lamb live together. And that last one kinda shows how difficult it can be
Bjrogg

Offline Deerhunter21

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2019, 07:31:00 pm »

Offline Deerhunter21

Offline sleek

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2019, 09:47:20 pm »
It's crazy to think I am now twice the age I was when this happened.  So much reflection to do....

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2019, 10:14:32 pm »
Peace and freedom both have a very high price, as many of us can attest!  Russel, you are indeed a fine man, and I look forward to meeting you someday.
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry