Author Topic: Huntin with the Hedge 2019-20  (Read 76996 times)

Offline HH~

Re: Huntin with the Hedge 2019-20
« Reply #135 on: January 10, 2020, 09:23:34 am »
Maybe a good Hunt bow Eric. She blood it?

HH~
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #136 on: January 12, 2020, 07:41:11 am »
No blood, I think she gets out the 30-30 when she gets serious about killing a deer.

The lady in the lime green tank top is Julia Norris, the lady to her left is Val Gray.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2020, 07:45:06 am by Eric Krewson »

Offline HH~

« Reply #137 on: January 12, 2020, 01:19:25 pm »
Yes Eric

I shot with them. See them at 3D. Just wanted to know if they hunt with selfbow?

Well, deer season in Tenn is complete. Never did take number seven with a HedgeHunter. So, I guess I still have a goal in hunting here at home anyway. Was a fantastic season. Pappy and I were discussing the season and such. For a warm early season then a quick early cold snap. Was a terrific season with highs and lows. I did not hunt as many days as I do normally, that said , I had enormous success over all. Wish I had found that first buck that day and not the following morning. Still a great selfbow harvest. One I will not forget.

Time for hogs in the wrap around season or maybe I go hunt some Axis or Ram in Texas on my favorite Army NG Post. Fair chase, no fences. Since I'm headed that way might as well. Not enough time in the year it seems.

I hope you SB hunters and others enjoyed Whitetail season with me.

Good hunting

Shawn~

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline HH~

« Reply #138 on: January 16, 2020, 08:10:38 am »
16 Jan 20

OK so it may get cold here in a few days. So, the next hunting will be myself out with a selfbow with judos and a BH looking for sheds. Here where the weather turns from real warm to cold the whitetails antlers will pop off. Not sure why but its true.

So, a horn hunt is in order soon.

Good Hunting

Shawn~

Offline HH~

« Reply #139 on: January 20, 2020, 04:00:23 pm »
Big medicine is complete. 51@27” about 16yr old stave outta a 60-70 yr old tree. Elk rig for next season. Shoots 650 POc hard. Shot a frozen block target at 20yds with BH and had 10” penetrAtion. Should make a great meat shooter.

Shawn~
« Last Edit: January 23, 2020, 05:46:55 am by HedgeHunter »

Offline HH~

« Reply #140 on: January 23, 2020, 06:57:17 am »
The selfbow finals Hunters men from 2019 made to the IBO Flyer for 2020.

Some hope for us Selfbows guys yet!

Look in upper left corner those are the Final Sunday crew for the IBO Trad World Finals for 2019.

HH~

Offline HH~

« Reply #141 on: January 24, 2020, 03:46:49 pm »
The goat target on upper left with all the arrows in it. Here's the deal on that.

Levy Bryant runs this shoot "last man standing" at 2019 IBO Trad Worlds. Targets are out in open, unknown distance. On that goat. . . . I saw him walk out and do something at the butt of animal. I had heard in other shoots he would put a mark and if you got a hit you'd win $. Anywho's, I could not see anything but I shot for the rump and as you can see there were still lots of folks still in shoot. You had to hit 8 ring to keep going in the event or buy your way back in. Well, I was shooting SB and this was a 27yd shot or so. I shot for rump. They pulled all those arrows and Levy was holding my wood shaft and says "whose Arrow is this"? I replied  "Mine" and he handed me $150 cash. I gave him $20 to stay in competition.

I was last Selfbow Standing.

Good Hunting

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #142 on: January 27, 2020, 06:18:45 am »
Yep sorry to say the season is over for another year but I have enjoyed this thread even though I knew pretty much what was going to be on it,  ;)  :) good shooting Shawn, great year. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline HH~

« Reply #143 on: January 27, 2020, 07:43:29 am »
ABout sharing the hunt and piling up burger for brats I guess.

It's wrap around season now. The Hunt never ends, does it?. We hunt for bow wood, squirrels, mushrooms, peace of mind, etc, etc. Hogs are up next.

Thinking of carrying on my selfbow to Hawaii soon as well. State deer bow area opens Feb 1st. Killing a Axis in the Mts of Lanaii would be the crown jewel of selfbow hunting. I have only killed them with a wheel bow and came very close with recurve several times. To many eye's and noses and killer hunt ending  thermal wind drifts. That was in in 19-forgotton now. Love to back with some moccasins, charcol camo, lion cloth and a selfbow. Some big bucks there but crazy steep and lava rock slice you up like a cheese grater.

Yep, I guess the thread will keep on dripping on.

HH~
« Last Edit: January 27, 2020, 08:42:31 am by HedgeHunter »

Offline HH~

« Reply #144 on: February 09, 2020, 11:48:59 am »
Was a tuff day for me yesterday. Thought I would get up early and go out after Coyotes. Great morning. 33 degrees with almost no wind. I was lucky by sticking it an extra 15min or so and was able to take one out at long range. That's the 16th taken off this property that parallels where ai hunt between to party's of hunters. Have to get this management done here as there are just way to many yotes here.

Good thing was I saw 16 good healthy deer with plenty young deer. Two bucks were still actively chasing doe as well with hard horn. Which surprised me a bit. Also, saw a woodcock fly by a daybreak and some Canada's go by.

Good Hunting
Shawn~

Offline HH~

« Reply #145 on: February 22, 2020, 07:49:57 am »
Well,

Feb is usually Hog hunting for me but had to put it off for a bit. Did get 800 plus brats made over 3 days of working on them. Finished up mine and Mark B's yesterday. A small run of 20lbs or so. In that amount it goes very fast. Think we did about 180-190lbs  for Pappy/Beau  and myself, 90lbs apiece.
Was good because we some colder weather and it was a good time to get it all done.
Think Greg has a purty good pile to get done as of yet as well.

Few more days and will be moving hunting grounds to a more southern location. Least I will have Cajun deer Brats in my Iron skillet with my breakfast eggs!

Shawn~

Offline HH~

« Reply #146 on: February 22, 2020, 08:49:55 pm »
Went down and helped Greg B prep 65lbs of deer for Brats. He will stuff them Monday. The lng prep and mix part is complete.

Guess the work from the hunt seaon continues. We did throw a few patties un the fry pan to test a 10lb mix. They were outstanding. Greg will have fine eating.

HH~

Offline HH~

« Reply #147 on: February 26, 2020, 08:28:30 am »
This bow went to Gil 50@27.  Tillered 1/4" positive on lower limb and FD about the same maybe 3/8ths. Hunting weight bow.  Limbs really work welll together. I burnished the heck outta this one and then hand rubbed oil in. He is shooting it in some more before I re-weigh and put the HH stamp on it.

Be a Killah I think.

Shawn~

Offline HH~

« Reply #148 on: March 07, 2020, 01:04:18 pm »
Life Juice of the Hawaiian Hunter Gatherer.
HH

Offline HH~

« Reply #149 on: March 08, 2020, 07:51:50 pm »
Here are to HH bows during 7-8MAR TBOF State championship. One of these took SB high score in their field. Good stuff.

Shawn~