Author Topic: Time for a knap  (Read 3103 times)

Online bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
Time for a knap
« on: September 29, 2019, 01:57:21 pm »
Been crazy busy. We did manage to get all our Navy Beans harvested and most of our wheat planted. We took off 50 acres of early dig sugar beets. Spread 500 tons of lime and 400 ton of bio solids on clover cover crops.
Today was time for a knap
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline RickB

Re: Time for a knap
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2019, 03:48:20 pm »
Looks like you've definitely been busy and to rest and relax you've turned out  a fine looking blade.

Offline Deerhunter21

• What do you despise? By this are you truly known.
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2019, 07:13:54 pm »
I like that one bj! its shiny and looks sharp! do you know what rock that is? I hope all is well! I cant stop thinking about the marshall's and seeing you guys again!
Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination.

Online bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2019, 07:42:00 pm »
ThankYou. RickB  It does feel really good to relax a little. I've been putting in some really long days for quite some time. It was nice to get a break and a knap time.

Thanks Russell. Hope to see you and your dad again next year. The material is actually a glass countertop. I think it's called Carra Glass. It seems like some pretty good quality glass and I can get a pretty nice sharp point from it.
Bjrogg

Offline Trapper Rob

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2019, 02:05:47 pm »
Nice point .  We've been working on soybeans & corn it gets hectic.

Online bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2019, 05:16:55 pm »
Thanks Rob. I'm sure you know the feeling. I'm really glad we got as much done as we did. Most guys just got started taking off edible beans. Hardly any wheat planted. Almost no corn even chopped let alone shelled. It went from to dry to to wet just like that. It always takes so long to get to dry but it sure can get to wet overnight.
Bjrogg
Ps stay safe. Easy to get hurt this time of year.

Offline Deerhunter21

• What do you despise? By this are you truly known.
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2019, 05:29:34 pm »
I mean, Beans and Twinkies are the only foods that will survive nuclear fallout! ;D

Corn and soybeans are Nebraska's crops that you see everywhere. My job in the summer is to pick the tassels off of the top of the corn in rows so the corn cross pollinates. that's basically where I get all my money!  stay safe you guys!!!  :OK :OK
Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination.

Online bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2019, 06:16:12 pm »
That is for seed corn production. A corn plant has both male and female parts. The tassels is the male part. It sheds pollen. For seed corn production they will plant several rows of a female parent variety and one row of male parent variety. Then all the tassels have to be removed from the female parent varieties.
Bjrogg