Main Discussion Area > Cooking Forum

What cuisine should I try next?

(1/3) > >>

TovinoThomas:
I'm an adventurous cook, and like to try new dishes/techniques and challenge myself. I tend to jump around to different regions of the world/cuisines, to expand my ingredient base, and palette. Ive done a fair about of Thai, some Japanese, Indian, French and Italian cooking so far. Wondering what you consider to be the best types of cuisine and what I should try next. Ease of recipe isn't a problem, I like to do things as authentically as possible. (homemade pasta for Italian food, homemade dumplings, fermented kimchi ect)https://solitaire.onl/ 9apps.ooo/

Deerhunter21:
Panang curry. My dad makes this dish and its one of my favorite. Put bean sprouts on top.

Faijuada He lived in Brasil for two years and another favorite of mine is faijuada

Now you got two!

Pat B:
Southern fried chicken, rice and milk gravy, collard green, fried okra and/or green tomatoes and cornbread or home made biscuits.
Fried fish, shrimp and/or oysters, hush puppies and cole slaw with a tall glass of sweet tea.
Slow cooked Boston butt(pork shoulder) with Johnny Harris BBQ sauce, cole slaw home made peach or butter milk ice cream.

TrevorM:
My wife recently made hot pot and steam buns (Chinese) you could try that.

WhistlingBadger:
OK, if you're looking for something different, I'll appeal to my ancestry and urge you to look into Scottish food.  Everybody thinks of haggis (which is really just glorified meatloaf, and a lot less gross than a hot dog IMO), but there are some AMAZING soups, pies, deserts, and seafood dishes, including some that work great with venison.  My favorite soup is cullen skink:  Smoked haddock chowder.  Great stuff, if you can get past the name.

If you'd rather stick with more exotic locales, Nepalese momo dumplings and naan rank highly with me.

Thomas

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version