Author Topic: How do I get the most out of the Classic?  (Read 3562 times)

Offline Hawkdancer

Re: How do I get the most out of the Classic?
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2020, 01:42:20 pm »
Jeff,
Have a safe trip!  Remember to turn right at St. Louis or thereabouts! (lol) >:D!  Sounds like shining no times!  Not sure which route you are taking, but usually I-70 is the more direct, although there is about 100 miles of mountains to go through.   Perhaps we can get together on your way back, as we are halfway between Denver and Cheyenne and could meet up in either.  I am hoping to be able to make it to MoJam again this year in July, hopefully it will be a bit cooler and dryer than last year!  That reminded e why I moved to Colorado!  Have fun! (SH) :KN :BB
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline jeffp51

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2020, 07:47:02 pm »
One other thing, shoot the Ranges. There is always so much going on I've shot the Range maybe twice in the last 5 years. And I'm bringing lots of Tonkin cane.

I am more inclined to shoot the course than build a bow.  I am pretty confident in my building skills, but  I don't know that I would have enough time to do the build a bow challenge, and I have never shot a 3-D course.  Maybe we can shoot it together, Mullet--I would really enjoy that if you are game.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2020, 01:19:21 am »
Sounds like fun, Jeff. I'll be there a week or to early. I'm not hard to find. I'm usually camped with the other old guy with the long beard.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2020, 07:21:03 am »
Hey, I resemble that guy...or are you talking about Roger?
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline WhistlingBadger

• Future Expert
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2020, 12:03:29 pm »
Sounds like a great time, guys.  Wish I could drag the family on a field trip from Wyoming.  It makes me happy knowing stuff like this goes on.  T
Thomas
Lander, Wyoming
"The trail is the thing, not the end of the trail.
Travel too fast, and you miss all you are traveling for."
~Louis L'Amour

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2020, 09:48:15 pm »
Best piece of advice I can give you after going twice is this:

DON'T SLEEP!

Stay up as late as you can, soak it all in, talk to EVERYBODY, and wear a badge or nametag with your Primitive Archer handle so folks can recognize you.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline dylanholderman

« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2020, 10:39:22 pm »
just wanted to add that if you plan on staying late hang on to some cash for the end, sometimes certain vendors will cut people a deal so that they don't have to pack up as much stuff  (lol)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2020, 06:17:42 am »
Ya don't get much sleep while this is going on JW. Thanks guys for all the replies, this should give Jeff and others a little incite to just what they are getting their self's into.  ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2020, 07:27:42 am »
If you really want to get the most out of the classic just keep coming back yr after yr, I believe this will be my 11 yr and missed last yr for a first. Lots of stuff going on, check out the spirit wall. Lots of different trades going on and more Osage than any one can imagine. I have made friends from all over this great country of ours, I actually came home with a dog one yr from the classic. Best dog that I ever owned.  Hope to see ya there , Bob

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2020, 10:13:18 pm »
Yes, what JW says is what I live by. I sleep very little and soak in as much as possible. Make sure to go see the spirit station. It’s a gooder!
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2020, 08:04:09 pm »
Definitely visit the spirit station. Find a little time and collect your thoughts there.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.