Author Topic: Campfire stories!!  (Read 2477 times)

Offline ResslerKeen

Campfire stories!!
« on: October 25, 2019, 08:05:57 am »
I was a camp counselor over the summer.

Three days into the camp, we took the kids on a nighttime hiking trip into a nearby forested hill. There were five of us counselors and fifteen kids, all around 12-14 years old. We'd only hiked for about an hour before coming across a clearing and setting up the fire. While it'd gotten dark, the forest wasn't exactly daunting.

Safe to say, it was looking to be a pretty uneventful night.

I should note that at one point during the hike, one of the counselors (Mike), went to go take a piss in the trees, coming back about two minutes later. The only peculiar thing about this occurrence was that he went relatively deep into the woods. Probably further than he really needed to. He probably just wanted to make sure that he was absolutely out of sight beforehand. This will be important. https://scrabblewordfinder.vip/ https://www.applock.ooo/ https://www.7zip.vip/

As we started cooking up some smores, the counselors and campers began telling spooky stories. None of them really stood out. That was... until "Mike" began telling his.Alright, I've got a good one," He said. "So, a group of counselors and campers go hiking one night at a summer camp."

I rolled my eyes. He was going for that angle. But the kids seemed invested in it, so I just silently listened on.

"They go up a small hill," Mike continued. "And then they sit down at a clearing and begin telling campfire stories. Everything seemed normal until one story was interrupted by a sound in the woods."

He paused for a second, and right on cue, there was a rustle in some nearby trees. Okay, I thought. That was slightly clever.

The kids seemed extremely tensed by this, but some of the other counselors were smiling, so I assumed they were in on it.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2019, 10:30:32 pm by ResslerKeen »

Offline WhistlingBadger

• Future Expert
Re: Campfire stories!!
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2019, 08:26:43 am »
And?  AND?!
Thomas
Lander, Wyoming
"The trail is the thing, not the end of the trail.
Travel too fast, and you miss all you are traveling for."
~Louis L'Amour

Offline TrevorM

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2019, 08:37:53 am »
And?  AND?!

Turns out it was a bear and ResslerKeen's the only one to make it out alive...  ;D
Trevor

Offline WhistlingBadger

• Future Expert
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2019, 05:29:18 pm »
And?  AND?!

Turns out it was a bear and ResslerKeen's the only one to make it out alive...  ;D

Well, I'm starting to wonder, since we haven't heard back from him.  Maybe it got him, too!
Thomas
Lander, Wyoming
~Louis L'Amour

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2019, 11:13:02 pm »
Must have been one big, bad bear!  And some dumb kids and counsellors to not scatter, or at least make a lot of noise!  On the other hand - it is a campfire story (lol) >:D!
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline WhistlingBadger

• Future Expert
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2019, 09:43:36 pm »
"...and then the dumb counselor hiding out in the bushes got thoroughly hosed down with bear spray.  And he deserved it.  And the rest of the lived happily ever after."
Thomas
Lander, Wyoming
~Louis L'Amour