Author Topic: 3 point  (Read 7515 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
3 point
« on: November 05, 2019, 07:13:12 pm »
You that know me know I am an opportunist not a trophy hunter, well this proves it.  ;) Great morning , this young fellow came in working a scrape about 6:30 this morning and got a little to close. 10 yard shot and I made a prefect double lung shot. He ran 75/80 yards and it was over very quick. As I said in the doe I took the other day all double lung shots are not the same. I looked closely at this one also and it was in the middle of the lungs, the doe was in the back third so just an inch or 2 can make a big difference. Any way I feel very blessed. It was taken with Old Al my Osage static, cedar shaft with Ace 160 head. 100 lb 3 point. Sister got an easier work out than with the doe and more liver, she is really coming along and this is the prefect way to train a dog. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Online bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
Re: 3 point
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2019, 07:52:45 pm »
That's great Pappy. Gonna fill up that freezer.
Bjrogg
PS I remember when you weren't that thrilled with that pup. Glad she came around.
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline HH~

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2019, 07:54:10 pm »
Squared that whitetail up. Very nice shot my friend!

Shawn~
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2019, 08:19:15 pm »
Yep, freezer must not have much room left.
Congrats, sir.
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline PaSteve

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2019, 07:01:30 am »
Looks like you're having a great season Pappy. Congrats.
"It seems so much more obvious with bows than with other matters, that we are the guardians of the prize we seek." Dean Torges

Offline RyanR

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2019, 05:41:31 pm »
Nice job!

Offline bradsmith2010

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2019, 01:53:51 pm »
congrats (SH)

Offline TheSingingBowyer

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2020, 04:15:26 pm »
With that beard, I thought maybe you starting "shining" in your retirement! Looks like you had a pretty good deer season!
Chad K. Slagle

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2020, 06:40:57 am »
Man it's good to hear from you Chad, call me sometime, Think about you often but you are hard to get a hold of. ??? Ya had a pretty good year, nothing big but that's OK. Filled the freezer with steaks, roast,burger and had plenty of burger left to do my brats for the year and also Jerky for the year so I call that a good season. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good