Author Topic: Fire Dancer Bows DVD  (Read 3812 times)

Offline Hamish

Re: Fire Dancer Bows DVD
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2019, 04:10:17 pm »
Bassman, I'd have to agree. Still I enjoy a good detailed video on bowmaking. I usually pick up some interesting technique or idea that I can positively apply to my own work. Heck I just enjoy another person perspective on bowmaking.

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2019, 07:23:24 am »
Naturally I won't be buying one but I do encourage anyone with an interest, and the spare capital  :), to do so.
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Black Moshannon

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2019, 09:01:43 am »
I don’t believe there will be any “revolutionary” information, but more likely a dramatized showcasing of techniques that others have already come up with. This is just my impression from watching the trailers and reading the website. I will certainly buy the dvd and write a review here. I haven’t heat treated a bow yet but my next red elm D bow will be treated over coals. It will be a normal treating of the belly only after floor tillering. From what I understood in the YouTube comments under Thads video and the website, the whole stave would be treated and no tillering done before heat treating. Doesn’t seem as if this would be an improvement unless heat treating the back magically made the bow better.