Author Topic: Special Treatment Today  (Read 2117 times)

Offline Eric Krewson

Special Treatment Today
« on: November 11, 2019, 07:33:49 am »
I love Nov 11th, all the freebies and thanks for stepping up to the plate so many years ago. I didn't do anything particularly noteworthy like so many of my fellow soldiers of that era, I ended up in Germany in 68 but I did give them 3 years.

My outfit for the day;

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
Re: Special Treatment Today
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2019, 08:56:16 am »
Thanks Eric and all our veterans and their loved ones.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline JEB

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2019, 09:15:33 am »
I went to Bob Evans for a free breakfast. Had a great young waitress with a beautiful smile who thanked me for my service. She owes me nothing so when I left I gave her $20.00 and told her to keep the change.

I actually felt cheap going for a free breakfast but then again  this hasn't been the greatest of years for me with losing my wife 7 month ago. She use go go with me and this was the 1st year she wasn't with me. Dang the year of "firsts".

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2019, 11:25:27 am »
First, a huge Thanks to all who served and are serving now!  Stay well and stay safe!  Second, I greatly appreciate the current atmosphere towards veterans and the military!  Beats the heck out of what we got years ago!  Not sure if we will go out for a dinner, but just the offer is a Thank You for your service.  More than once, I have found that our tab was covered anominously, or some one bought our drinks!  Like JEB, we tip the server anyway.

JEB, remember the good times you had together!
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2019, 11:36:26 am »
Its veterans day every day in my house.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2019, 12:25:42 pm »
Its veterans day every day in my house.

As it should be Pearl.

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2019, 04:57:14 pm »
I lost my wife to cancer 6 years ago JEB, it puts you in a different world.

We Krewsons have 4 generations of patriots, my grandfather is a WW1 vet, dad was in from about 1938 until 1945, My oldest brother was in for 3 years in the early 60s, I was in 67-68-69 and my son was in from 1986 to 90. No pictures of my grandfather or brother in uniform.

Dad

Myself

My son

Offline sleek

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2019, 06:55:55 pm »
I had to sit and quietly cry middle of my meal. My thoughts had turned to those I knew who didnt get to come home, and how little I deserved to even be in that seat eating. The last bites were hard to swallow.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2019, 08:41:22 pm »
Sleek and any of you guys and gals feeling that way. I'm sure those soldiers that didn't come home are thrilled that you did. Make them proud. Live a good life. If you traded places don't you think that's what you would want?
Bless you All
Bjrogg