Author Topic: I am curious...  (Read 1828 times)

Offline Todd Mathis

I am curious...
« on: January 19, 2020, 08:29:13 am »
I have had several of ya'll mention some arrow penetration studies that seem to be well constructed.  Was that Dr. Fred Ashby or someone like that?  Who knows a good website to find this info please?

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: I am curious...
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2020, 10:17:46 am »
Ashby's Natal Report(I think that's what it's called) is what I believe everyone is talking about. You can Google it and get the report to read.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Todd Mathis

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2020, 12:27:28 pm »
Ashby's Natal Report(I think that's what it's called) is what I believe everyone is talking about. You can Google it and get the report to read.
found it!!!!   His data on arrow flight is exactly what I was taught 30 years ago.  I wonder if this is what I was taught?  Wow.  I feel very happy to be validated.  He's a data nerd too.  What are the odds of finding this much info???  Hooray for the internet.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2020, 01:32:12 pm »
Todd, this study was done only a few years ago. Dr. Ashby was researching mostly bow hunting African big game, big boned, thick skinned animals where penetration is necessary for a successful kill and recovery.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC