Author Topic: Can you see him?  (Read 4138 times)

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
Can you see him?
« on: November 12, 2019, 12:19:01 pm »
I got a chance to go out hunting last night. Wind was blowing hard right off the big lake. About 29 degrees. I was rewarded with the chance to get up close and personal to a nice little spike horn. He's standing about 15 yards a bit more than quartering away. I had a pretty decent shot as he walked by me but I just decided to watch him.

Can you see him? I know it's not the greatest picture, but it's no wonder they just appear like smoke. I watched him for several minutes and it was amazing how many times even though I knew exactly where he was I couldn't see him.

Marc played this game several times and it always seems entertaining.
Bjrogg
« Last Edit: November 12, 2019, 12:25:28 pm by bjrogg »
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
Re: Can you see him?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2019, 12:27:15 pm »
It doesn't help that I had to resize the picture to post it, but he's hard to see on the original to.
Bjrogg

Offline DC

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2019, 12:38:21 pm »
Just above and to the right of centre??

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2019, 12:42:10 pm »
Your in the right area DC. I'm sorry I don't know how to draw on these pictures and post them but you might have spotted him. Can you be a little more specific?
Bjrogg

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2019, 12:43:25 pm »
I was thinking just above and to the left of center.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2019, 12:45:06 pm »
DC is warmer.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2019, 12:54:52 pm »
Is he along the horizon line?
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2019, 01:04:50 pm »
Slightly below it. Can see his rear and part of his tail which he has nicely tucked in to conceal. Also his nose which shows up a little better on the original. Even these features are obscured by leaves and snow though.
Bjrogg
You would think he'd stick out like a sore thumb in this snow but he can just disappear completely in fifteen yards

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2019, 01:09:59 pm »
I see him :)

Only because I watched the video last night. Look for the black/white tail.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2019, 01:19:22 pm »
I see him :)

Only because I watched the video last night. Look for the black/white tail.

Yah he's definitely easier to see on the video. If I was more tech savvy I could probably figure out how to take a frame from the video and use it.
Bjrogg

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2019, 01:47:24 pm »
I know the picture isn't great. I think I might have figured out how to draw on it . I'm not sure but DC might have spotted him. If you look behind that green leaf is his body. His rear and tucked in tail are to the right of it and a twig with a small snowblotch is smack dab concealing the center of his tail. To the left of the leaf is a ear and nose but they are very hard to see.

Just amazing how good they can blend into surroundings with the slightest cover. He didn't see me though and I did see him so that's always a plus in my mind.
Bjrogg

Offline Azmdted

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2019, 02:30:20 pm »
I need to head home and have some wine, maybe two.  I'm sure I'll see him then :)

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2019, 02:37:17 pm »
I need to head home and have some wine, maybe two.  I'm sure I'll see him then :)

Lol. Probably find the rest of the herd.

Always makes me wonder how many I never see. I have to constantly remind myself that there are deer around me. Some of them probably very close. Either I haven't seen them yet or they haven't seen me yet. But we're both here together. I didn't see this one until he was about ten yards from me.
Bjrogg

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2019, 02:44:15 pm »
Looking straight at us. I see him.
 While hunting I've had deer walk behind a tree and never come out. Just vanish.   ???
We had a white Akita/shepherd mix that would disappear while we walked in the woods. I'd call for her and she was standing right there but until she moved she was hard to see.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2019, 03:05:48 pm »
Looking straight at us. I see him.
 While hunting I've had deer walk behind a tree and never come out. Just vanish.   ???
We had a white Akita/shepherd mix that would disappear while we walked in the woods. I'd call for her and she was standing right there but until she moved she was hard to see.

Actually he is looking away from us. He is at probably a 60 degree angle just looking around before he leaves this cover to go out into the field.

Yup have had them deer just appear out of thin air in front of those those trees before to Pat
Bjrogg