Author Topic: Been quiet around here  (Read 3464 times)

Offline Parnell

Been quiet around here
« on: November 12, 2019, 04:14:46 pm »
A few points recently.  The big one is from a buckskin tab 1442 sent me.  Good stuff!
1’—>1’

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
Re: Been quiet around here
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2019, 05:49:24 pm »
Thanks Steve. I really needed that. Was thinking the same thing. Miss so many people on this site. Been to busy trying to get the crops in to get anything else done. Did make a bi- face for a knife blade but nothing worthy of posting.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline JEB

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2019, 08:55:36 pm »
Nice points. Kind of tough knapping out in the cold garage right now.

Offline Deerhunter21

• What do you despise? By this are you truly known.
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2019, 08:57:46 pm »
Yeah. I remember when i could look foreward to 1 post on here a day. Ive been trying to pitch in but im having some back problems (whatever you do please keep your family away from trampoline parks) and am getting an MRI next Tuesday even though the injury happened a year ago. Ill be posting some flintknapping stuff on saturday before my doctor tells me what i can and cant do  ;D

I love the third point!
Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination.

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2019, 11:41:17 pm »
Well!  Getting hurt on a trampoline is a better tale than blowing out your knee mowing the grass, then mowing a couple more times before going to the doctor.  Hope it nothing too serious!
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline Deerhunter21

• What do you despise? By this are you truly known.
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2019, 12:11:57 pm »
one question, what did you make the third one out of?

Jeeze Jerry! are you still healing? I hope all's well! I dont know whats up yet with me, but i hurt it a year ago, wrestled, did XC, and did a lot of other stuff. i hope there's no permanent damage but my vertebrae is not lined up. it slipped forward and that could mean i fractured something on my back (hopefully not). no bow building or wrestling for a while.  :'(
Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination.

Offline Parnell

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2019, 12:59:22 pm »
Hey DH, that third is just a flake point that came off from the large buckskin point.  That’s just cortex that didn’t come off when cleaning it up. 

Bummer to hear about your back.  Take care of that and I hope your body can recover without any lasting effects.  Back pain and nerve damage is very serious business!
1’—>1’

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2019, 12:23:43 am »
Parnell,
Nice points!  Sorry to hijack your thread with the injury report!  I had knee surgery 20 September, so officially I'm in rehab.  We did get out for rifle season, but I tried to limit my walking.  Bambi is safe! (-S :'(. Getting better, but I am a long way from young and healing takes longer, hopefully b spring I can try some light jogging and longer walking sessions.
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline Parnell

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2019, 06:43:02 am »
I understand Hawkdancer.  I’ve managed to escape difficult back and joint issues, so far.  My wife however is a whole other story...spinal fusion, sacro-iliac pins and over a decade now of all that management.  Yesterday she had stem cell injections into her knees.  Being witness and caretaker over time has given me some perspective.  Hope things go well for you guys.

1’—>1’

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2019, 02:56:27 pm »
I am looking - I dont know how to post from my phone... I will have to get help from Bubby....

Offline RickB

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2019, 03:09:16 pm »
Nice points Parnell, thanks for posting. You always do nice work. I've posted a few points lately as I've been trying to get back into the swing of things. Kind of hard at times. Year and a half ago I had that spinal fusion L4-5 and this past April had a malignant melanoma removed that was on my face  between my chin and an ear. 45 stitches later, I look pretty again. People say that the scar looks like I was in a knife fight that I lost. Rick B