Author Topic: The Hunting Public  (Read 3125 times)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
The Hunting Public
« on: November 13, 2019, 10:42:47 am »
Anybody watch the videos these guys post on YouTube? They were about 5 miles from my place Oct 1-5 on the Maple River SGA. I knew exactly where they were in every scenario on the entire 5k acres they played on :). They hit the Vestaburg swamp to, I recognized that as well. They talked big, but killed a doe and young buck for footage. They don't wear camo and more importantly they don't cover their faces. It was funny watching a doe poke out 30 yards away and look straight up in 2 seconds. Welcome to central Michigan public land boys! You can get away with some of that stuff in less pressured places/states, not here. Whether you wear store camo or plaid camo, you need something. And if you leave a bright white face and hands glowing, best of luck to you. However, they seem to hunt hard and I can appreciate that.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 10:49:35 am by PEARL DRUMS/PEARLY/PD/DRUMS »
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
Re: The Hunting Public
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2019, 12:31:05 pm »
Is that the title of the video Chris? I'd love to check it out.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2019, 12:44:40 pm »
Its the name of their outfit/product. If you search it on YouTube you can see all their shows. Just look for the Michigan episodes from the first of October.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2019, 12:56:58 pm »
Got it. I think it was Day 3 or 4 I watched.  I'll watch the rest when I get a chance.
Bjrogg

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2019, 01:04:16 pm »
They work hard hunting the way they do. They remind me of me and a buddy I had about 15-20 years ago, on the same public land. We worked our butts OFF 50-60 times in a 45 day season. I don't have that same drive anymore.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2019, 02:18:22 pm »
They work hard hunting the way they do. They remind me of me and a buddy I had about 15-20 years ago, on the same public land. We worked our butts OFF 50-60 times in a 45 day season. I don't have that same drive anymore.

Yup I really do enjoy the hunt yet, but I've put so many hours in working this year that I just want to go home. I'm starting to get my fortieth wind. The 14 degrees temp and cold damp wind off the lake though just kinda takes the fun out of it. It might be Gun season before I get out again. Hard to believe it's almost here already.
Bjrogg

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2019, 07:38:48 am »
They hunt public ground all over the country for all kinds of critters. Wish I had that kind of time and money every fall! Just the cost of NR tags would surpass 3-4k.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2019, 11:38:58 am »
They hunt public ground all over the country for all kinds of critters. Wish I had that kind of time and money every fall! Just the cost of NR tags would surpass 3-4k.

Need a product and a sponsor Pearl. I'm afraid I'm to minimulalistic ( petty sure I spelled that wrong) and not a good enough marketing guru for that gig.
Bjrogg

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2019, 05:55:13 pm »
Yeah, those fellas are certainly not slouches. Sometimes they self-film their hunts. But usually pair up . . . one prepared to do the shootin and other doing the videography. Lotsa work. Some episodes not great, but most, imo, well done and interesting even when not successful.
Thought about ya, Pearl, when watching the MI episodes.
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline Swampman

• Primitive Archer subscription number PM109299
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2019, 07:39:51 pm »
I have been watching their videos since last year.  I think they are good videos and I enjoy watching them.  Last year they were hunting in my neck of the swamp for their public land challenge.  They started out in the swamp I have been hunting for years but ended up going to other areas.  I think they found that area pretty tough to hunt.  It was fun watching them hunt areas I am very familiar with.