Author Topic: Arrows clacking or bow  (Read 1194 times)

Offline Fox

Arrows clacking or bow
« on: December 12, 2021, 11:55:37 pm »
Why are my arrows so loudly clacking off my bow? There shooting good so I don’t think it’s a spine thing? Although doesn’t arrows clacking off the bow mean there stiff?
Why must we make simple things so complicated?

Offline Lehtis

Re: Arrows clacking or bow
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2021, 12:50:02 am »
Yes, your arrows may be too stiff, too high spine… or very low. In case the spine is quite correct, check your string height also; too low and the arrow does not have enough time for the famous archer’s paradox and does not pass the bow cleanly.

Offline Fox

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2021, 01:35:11 am »
Thank you ! It’s very likely my string hight then, as I just checked it and it’s shifted a bunch and now is quite low!

bownarra

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2021, 01:58:43 am »
Yes always check brace height when you string the bow.

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2021, 08:46:01 am »
Sometimes torqueing the bowstring on release can cause arrow clanking, I do it every now and then. If I gear a clank I concentrate on a firm anchor point, building back tension just before the release and a smooth follow through.

Black Moshannon

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2021, 10:47:26 am »
Mine were doing that one time and I checked em on a spine checker and some of them were spined at like ninety or so I sanded them down and they stopped clanking and the flight was really straight

Offline PaSteve

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2021, 11:56:23 am »
Does it happen every shot? May be a few arrows are too stiff. If it doesn't happen every shot and your arrows are close in spine it my be torquing the bow string (as Eric stated) or possibly gripping the bow too tight. Try to concentrate on your form & release and if it continues it's probably a spine or brace height issue. Good luck.
"It seems so much more obvious with bows than with other matters, that we are the guardians of the prize we seek." Dean Torges

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2021, 09:24:43 am »
Steve has it down, just what you should check.

Offline Fox

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2021, 10:36:28 am »
Thanks guys. Raised brace hight slightly, deepened arrow pass slightly to make more center shot, and paid attention to my form, after making the bow more center shot it seemed to stop clacking arrows, so must’ve been to stiff of an arrow. :)